Training plans consist of several courses that learners complete at their own pace. Training plan admins can track a learner’s completion status at each step of their training and see which courses of the training plan are completed, in progress, or not started. This guide gives information on where to view the completion status of a particular learner for a particular training plan and an explanation of each completion status.
Where to view
To view a learner’s completion status for the training plan, follow the steps:
1. Go to LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Select the training plan.
2. Select Training Plan Progress in one of the following ways:
- Near the selected training plan title, select the Training Plan Progress icon .
- On the Training Plan Management panel.
This opens the Training Plan Progress dashboard with detailed information about the progress of each learner who is enrolled in this particular training plan. Here, you can view learners' current completion status of the training plan under the Status column. To see the current status of courses included in the training plan, select the expand icon near the learner's name.
For the overview of the Training Plan Progress dashboard and available management options, navigate to this article.
For detailed information about how to read the data displayed on Training Plan Progress dashboard and in the downloaded report, navigate to this article.
Completion statuses explanation
You can find the following completion statuses of a training plan and the courses in it on the dashboard: Completed, Not Started, In Progress, and Previously Completed (if the completed training plan was retaken). The Status column reflects the status of the current attempt to complete the training plan and the courses in it.
The status of the training plan is set to Completed in the following cases:
- All the courses required for completion (identified with the star icon) in the training plan have been successfully completed by the learner.
- All the courses in the training plan are manually set to Completed by training plan admin.
- If the training plan was successfully completed, but individual courses in the training plan have been retaken. These courses may have the Not Started or In Progress status, as well as the previous completion icon, as you can see on the image below.
- If the training plan was successfully completed, but individual courses in the training plan that aren't set as required for completion have the Not Started or In Progress statuses, as in the image below. These courses don't influence the completion of the training plan.
If the training plan or a course in it was completed in one or more previous attempts and was then retaken, you can track the completion date of the most recent previous attempt in the following ways:
- To check if the training plan was previously completed and its last completion date:
1. Download the training plan progress report by selecting Download Report. This is necessary because the Status and the Completed columns on the dashboard display the current status of the retaken training plan but no information on the previously completed attempts.
2. In the downloaded Excel report, refer to the Previously Completed column, where the last completion date of the training plan is shown.
For more information about the data contained in the Excel report and how to read it, navigate to this article.
If a course in a training plan was completed in a previous attempt and was then retaken, the previous completion details of this course can be tracked in the dashboard, under an additional column that has no heading and is located between the Status and CEUs columns. In such a case, this column contains a grey tick icon. Hover over the icon to see the last completion date of the course. If the course has been completed several times, only the completion date of the last attempt is shown.
To track the status of courses in the training plan, select the expand icon near the learner's name. Hover over the grey tick icon located near the relevant course to see the last completion date.
The status of the training plan is set to In Progress when:
- A learner has started at least one of the courses in the training plan (regardless of whether the course is required for completion or no) but hasn’t successfully completed all required for completion courses. A learner may have courses with the Completed, Not Started, and In Progress statuses within the training plan that is In Progress.
The status of a training plan is set to Not Started when:
- The learner who is enrolled in the training plan hasn't started any of the courses in the training plan.
- The training plan admin deletes a learner's progress of the training plan.
- The training plan admin resets the training plan progress by selecting the Force Retake icon and the learner hasn't started the training plan retake yet.