Training plans consist of several courses that learners can complete at their own pace. Training plan admins can track the completion status at each step of a learner’s training, to see which courses in the training plan are completed, in progress, or not started. This guide gives information on where to view the completion status of a particular learner for a particular training plan, and provides an explanation of each completion status.
Where to view
To view a learner’s completion status for a training plan, follow these steps:
1. Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the training plan.
2. Select Training Plan Progress in one of the following ways:
- Near the selected training plan title, select the Training Plan Progress icon .
- On the Training Plan Management panel.
This opens the Training Plan Progress dashboard, which shows detailed information about the progress of each learner who is enrolled in this training plan. Here, you can use the Status column to view learners' current completion status of the training plan. To see the current status of courses included in the training plan, select the expand icon near the learner's name.
For an overview of the Training Plan Progress dashboard and the available management options, see this article.
For detailed information about how to read the information displayed on the Training Plan Progress dashboard and in the downloaded report, see this article.
Completion statuses explanation
You can find the following completion statuses of a training plan and its courses on the dashboard: Completed, Not started, In progress, and Previously completed (if the completed training plan was retaken). The Status column reflects the status of the current attempt to complete the training plan and its courses.
The status of the training plan is set to Completed in the following cases:
- All the courses required for completion (identified with the star icon) in the training plan have been successfully completed by the learner.
- All the courses in the training plan are manually set to Completed by the training plan admin.
- If the training plan was successfully completed, but individual courses in the training plan have been retaken. These courses may have the Not started, In progress, or Completed status, as well as the previous completion icon, as you can see on the following image.
- If the training plan was successfully completed, but individual courses in the training plan that aren't set as required for completion have either the Not started or In progress status, as you can see on the following image. These courses don't influence the completion of the training plan.
If the training plan or one of its courses was completed in one or more previous attempts and was then retaken, you can track the completion date of the most recent previous attempt in the following ways:
- To check if the training plan was previously completed and to see the date it was last completed:
1. On the Training Plan Progress dashboard, download the training plan progress report by selecting Download Report. This is necessary because the Status and Completed columns on the dashboard displays the current status of the training plan.
2. In the downloaded Excel report, refer to the Previously Completed column, where the most recent completion date of the training plan is shown.
For more information about the information contained in the downloaded Excel report, see this article.
If a course in a training plan was completed in a previous attempt and was then retaken, the previous completion details of this course can be tracked in the dashboard, under an additional column that has no heading and is located between the Status and CEUs columns. In this case, this column will contain a grey tick icon. Hover over the icon to see the most recent completion date of the course. If the course has been completed several times, only the most recent completion date will be shown.
The status of the training plan is set to In progress when a learner has started at least one of the courses in the training plan (regardless of whether the course is required for completion) but hasn’t successfully completed all the courses that are required for completion. A learner may have courses with the Completed, Not started, and In progress statuses in a training plan that is In progress.
The status of a training plan is set to Not started when:
- The learner who is enrolled in the training plan hasn't started any of its courses.
- The training plan admin deletes a learner's training plan progress.
- The training plan admin resets the training plan progress by selecting the Force Retake icon and the learner hasn't yet started the training plan retake.