The Training Plan Progress dashboard provides an overview of the progress for a training plan. From this view, you can also download a report that shows additional data about learners' progress with the training plan in question.
This guide covers how to find the Training Plan Progress dashboard and report, and how to manage the progress of learners from this view.
How to find the training plan progress dashboard and report
Required role: catalog or course admin.
There are several ways to get to the Training Plan Progress dashboard and report:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Select the relevant training plan > from the Training Plan Management panel, select Training Plan Progress.
- From the training plan home page, select Training Plan Management > on the Training Plan Management panel, select Training Plan Progress.
This opens the Training Plan Progress panel, which displays learners' progress with the selected training plan in a dashboard overview, as shown in the following image.
Overview of the training plan progress dashboard
The Training Plan Progress dashboard consists of several sections that display information about the learner's progress with the current training plan:
- The Summary of Progress for Selected Training Plan section displays charts that summarize information about learners' progress. Selecting Download Report, you can download an Excel report that contains data about training plan progress.
Select the expand arrow for the Summary of Progress for Selected Training Plan section to expand or collapse the summary information.
- Below the charts are dashboard search and filtering tools:
- The Reload icon refreshes the view to display the most up-to-date information on the training plan progress dashboard.
- In the Search field, enter all or part of the name of a learner to search for specific learners.
- The All filter enables you to filter learners according to the selected first letter of their name.
- Select a column title to sort the dashboard by the content of that column.
- In the columns, you can find detailed information about the progress of learners who are currently enrolled in the training plan, together with the tools to manage their progress.
More information about how to read the data displayed in the columns and in the downloaded report can be found in this article.
Managing options of the training plan progress dashboard
Besides providing data on the training plan progress, the Training Plan Progress dashboard also enables you to manage learners' progress in the following ways:
- Edit a learner's progress and change the completion status.
- Delete a learner's progress.
- Force a retake and reset a learner's progress.
- Manage a learner's certificates.
- Download the training plan progress report.
Edit learner's progress and completion status
To edit a learner's progress with the training plan, you should edit the progress of the relevant courses included in the training plan. To see a learner's progress on each course in the training plan, select the expand arrow next to their name.
Select the Edit icon next to the course for which you want to edit the learner's progress.
On the opened panel, the course Completion toggle and the list of learning items in this course are displayed. The tools available here enable you to manage the progress and completion of this course.
Completing all courses in a training plan automatically brings the training plan status to Completed.
You can manage the progress of each learning item in the course by selecting the relevant status for each item from the drop-down list. If you set all learning items to Completed, it will make the course automatically Completed as well.
You can also complete the course if you drag the Completed toggle to Yes:
- The course will be set as Completed regardless of the status of its learning items and whether these learning items are required for completion.
- The Completion Date field opens and enables you to manually set the completion date. This defaults to the current date.
- If the course has set CEUs, the CEUs field opens. Here, you can edit the number of CEUs that a learner will acquire for completing this course in the training plan. However, the CEUs for the course aren't included in the CEUs that a learner can acquire for completing the training plan.
- If you don't manually change the status of individual learning items, they retain their status.
Select Save to save changes or close the sidebar to discard.
For more information about the training plan completion status and how to manage it, see this article.
Delete a learner's progress
Selecting the Delete User's Progress icon, you can delete the user's progress either for the whole training plan or for individual courses in the training plan.
The icon is located near the training plan title if there is progress recorded for any of the courses in the training plan. The icon is also located near the course if the learner has started this course.
To delete a user's progress with the training plan, select the Delete User's Progress icon near the training plan title.
This opens a panel where you can select all courses in the training plan. By default, all courses with the Completed status are selected for deletion. The In Progress courses are listed but not selected for deletion. The courses with the Not Started status aren't listed here.
To select all listed courses on the panel, select the Name checkbox.
Select Delete to complete the training plan progress deletion.
Deleting a user's progress with the training plan:
- Brings the user's progress status for the training plan and its courses to Not Started.
- Deletes valid and expiring training plan certificates as well as granted skills of the training plan.
- Deletes valid and expiring certificates of a separate course if the certificate was received within this training plan.
To delete a user's progress with a separate course within the training plan, select the Delete User's Progress icon near the relevant course title. This opens a panel where you can manage the course deletion by selecting the relevant learning items:
- By default, all learning items with the Completed status are selected for deletion. The In Progress and Failed learning items are listed but not selected for deletion. The learning items that have the Not Started status aren't listed here. To select all listed learning items on the panel, select the Name check box.
- If the course was manually completed and the learning items in it have the Not Started status, there will be no learning items displayed on the panel. In this case, select Delete to delete the course progress.
As a result, deleting course progress within a completed training plan doesn't influence the Completed status of the training plan because it only brings the course progress to Not Started. If a learner received a certificate for completing the course within the training plan, the valid course certificate will also be deleted.
Selecting the Force Retake icon, you can reset a user's progress either for the whole training plan or for individual courses in a training plan. The icon is located near the title of the completed training plan and near the completed courses of this training plan.
To force the retake of a training plan, select the Force Retake icon of the training plan. This resets the progress of the training plan, meaning that the progress of all the courses in the training plan will be reset. The training plan status and the courses in it will be set to Not Started. The learner’s previous completion will still be registered in the learner’s training record.
To track the last completion date of the whole training plan if it was previously completed before the retake, download the training plan progress Excel report and refer to the Previously Completed column.
To force the retake of an individual course in this training plan, select the Force Retake icon of the relevant course. This resets the progress of the course and brings it to Not Started but the training plan status won't be changed.
You can see the last completion date of the course if you hover over the grey tick icon next to the status. For more detailed information, read this guide on retake of courses and training plans.
Manage learner's certificates
If a training plan enables learner to acquire a certificate upon completion, you'll see the eye icon in the Certificate column. This means that the user has acquired a certificate upon completion of the training plan. If a separate course within the training plan awards a certificate, the eye icon will be placed near this course, meaning you can manage the certificate.
From the Training Plan Progress dashboard, you can view, download, or delete certificates.
To manage a learner’s certificates:
1. In the Certificate column, select the eye icon near the relevant training plan or a course in the training plan.
2. On the opened panel, you see a list of all the certificates the learner has acquired for completing this training plan.
The list provides information about the status of the certificates (Valid, Expiring, or Expired), the issue date, and the expiry date.
You can download certificate(s) to your local computer by selecting the download icon.
To delete a certificate, select the red cross icon near the relevant certificate.
You can perform the same actions with the certificates of an individual course within the training plan.
Download a training plan progress report
Selecting Download Report on the dashboard, you can download an Excel report that contains data about training plan progress. The report will display information in the language of your browser if this language is supported by LMS365, otherwise in English.
More information about how to read the Training Plan Progress dashboard and report data can be found in this article.