When courses and training plans are deleted, they're no longer displayed on the Training Management page of course catalogs but their data and related training records are preserved in LMS365, meaning they can be retrieved via LMS365 API endpoints.
This article describes how to get information about deleted courses and training plans via API.
1. Navigate to https://api.365.systems/ and authorize with the relevant API key. For more information about the authorization process, see this article.
2. Expand the Courses section and find the GET method /odata/v2/Courses/IncludedDeleted with the Returns the list of Courses including courses which have been deleted description.
3. Select Try it out in the top left-hand corner to activate the fields.
If no query option parameters are used for the fields, the response will contain data about all existing and deleted courses and training plans of the tenant.
4. For the response to contain only deleted courses and training plans of the tenant, enter IsDeleted eq true in the $filter field.
You can use other query option parameters to control the data returned in the response. Enter the word add after the first parameter and before the second parameter.
For example, to return information about all deleted training of a specific type (i.e. e-learning, instructor-led training, or training plan), you can add CourseType eq 'number' to the $filter field. Replace the word number in the second parameter with one of the following numbers, depending on the training type:
- 1 - for e-learning courses.
- 3 - for instructor-led training.
- 4 - for training plans.
An example of the $filter field parameters set is IsDeleted eq true and CourseType eq '4'. In this case, the response will contain only deleted training plans of the tenant.
5. Select Execute to run the request.
6. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 200) under Code shows that the request worked correctly.
- In the Response body field, you'll see deleted courses and training plans of the tenant and their data, according to the query option parameters set.
- Use Ctrl+F to search for the URL of a specific course or training plan, if needed.
- Use the Download option to save the results of the API request to your computer in .JSON format.
Article is closed for comments.