Using learning modules, you can include documents, videos, SCORM/AICC packages, and other content in courses, and organize this content in a selection of modules that will divide the training into sequenced learning steps.
The modules will be a part of a course and will appear on the course home page, where the learner can get an overview of learning modules in a course and access the learning content within them.
This article provides you with an overview of how to build, manage, edit, and delete learning modules.
The article will cover where and how to create a new learning module, what types of files that can be part of a learning module, and how to manage learning module content.
Creating learning modules
To create a new learning module, follow the steps:
1) In the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the relevant course > on the Course Management panel, go to Manage Course Content to be redirected to the course Content section.
The course configuration panel will open.
2) To add a new learning module to a course, select + Add Learning Item and then Learning module.
A panel will open to allow you to select and manage the learning items you want to include in the learning module. See this guide for more information on how to add and manage content in learning modules.
Specifying the name and description of the learning module
The Details tab allows you to record the name and description of the learning module. This information can be recorded before or after the Content but must be recorded before saving the learning module.
Name - Enter the name of the learning module.
Description - Enter a description for the learning module. The description will be displayed to learners when they start the learning module to engage with the learning.
Publishing status and dates
Publish - New learning modules are set to published. The status can be toggled using the Publish slider.
The status of the published learning modules shows as Published with a green tick icon.
When the learning module is published, it becomes available to learners via the associated courses
When you manually publish a learning module, you can set the learning module's publish Start Date and End Date.
Start Date - Select the date and time the learning module will be published and available for learners.
End Date - Select the date and time for when the learning module will be unpublished and unavailable for learners.
By default, today's date and the current time are displayed as the Start Date. You might choose to set an End Date if the learning module is valid for only a set period of time, for example.
The Published column in the course Content section displays Yes when a learning module is published.
Editing learning modules
To edit a learning module, please follow the steps below:
In the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the relevant course and then Manage Course Content > choose the learning module you want to edit and, from the Actions panel, select Edit Learning Module.
Edit the required items then Save your changes.
Editing content items in the Learning Module Editor
In the LMS365 Admin Center, select the relevant course > Manage Course Content > select the learning module to edit > from the Actions panel, select Edit Learning Module.
From the Content tab of the Learning Module Editor, you can:
- Add learning modules.
- Re-order the items by drag and drop.
- Edit some of the existing learning items directly inside the Learning Module Editor by selecting the blue Edit (pencil) icon.
- Other items can only be removed (by selecting the orange X icon) or deleted (by selecting the orange Bin icon).
Items that can be removed with no confirmation of the action required:
- Document library
- Content package
- External app
Items that can be deleted once you have confirmed the action:
- Content editor
- Embed code (e.g. videos, third-party content, etc.)
- Website link
- Link to file
To add new learning items to the learning module, select a learning item type in the left-hand menu. An appropriate panel will guide you through adding the content.
Save the changes or Cancel if you wish to discard the changes.
Managing learning modules in the course
Re-ordering learning modules
You can re-order the learning items using drag and drop in the Content section of the course configuration panel.
Hiding learning modules
To hide a learning module in the course:
From the Content section of the course edit panel, select the relevant learning module > from the Actions panel, select Hide Learning Module.
A confirmation message will notify you that the learning item will no longer be visible or available for learners on the course home page and in the course syllabus.
Learners will be unable to progress through or complete the course if a hidden item is a prerequisite for progressing through or completing the course.
The Make Learning Module Visible option will be available on the Actions panel for hidden learning modules.
Deleting learning modules
You can delete a learning module via the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the relevant course > Manage Course Content > select the relevant learning module and from the Actions panel, choose Delete Learning Module.
It isn't possible to recover a learning module that has been deleted.
You will be notified that you are going to delete a learning module. Select Delete to confirm the action or Cancel to discard.
Viewing and deleting learners' progress on a learning module
To view the learner's progress details on the learning module of the unenrolled learners, admin must re-enroll them in the course.
To view the detailed progress of the enrolled learners on the learning module, follow the steps:
In the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the relevant course > Manage Course Content > select the relevant learning module and from the Actions panel, choose View Learners' Progress.
The learning module progress panel is displayed, showing the following information for the learners enrolled in the course:
- Export to Excel enables you to download to your local device a report on all/the selected learners' progress details for the learning module.
- The All Statuses drop-down filter allows to filter learners by their status: All Statuses, Not Started, In Progress, Failed, and Completed.
- The Name column displays the name of the learner who is enrolled in the course.
- The Status column displays the learner’s progress status: Not Started, In Progress, Completed, or Failed.
- The Completion % column displays progress towards completion of the learning module as a percentage.
- The Completed column displays the date and time when the learning module was completed.
To view more detailed information about a learner's progress for each learning module:
1) Select the name of the learner in the Name column.
2) Select View Learner's Progress in the Actions panel.
A list of learning module items is displayed, showing the learner’s progress for each of them.
- The cross icon means the learner has failed the learning module item.
- The check icon means the learner has completed the learning module item.
- The circle icon means the learner has not completed the learning module item.
- The triangle icon means the learning module item is not available.
- If a content package or a quiz that is part of a learning module is no longer available, the learner's progress will be displayed, but the learning item will be greyed out.
On the Actions panel, the View Learner’s Progress and Delete Learner’s Progress actions will be disabled for learners with the Not Started status.
Deleting Learner's Progress from a learning module
To delete a learner's progress from a learning module:
1) Select the Name of the learner.
2) On the Actions panel, select Delete Learner's Progress.
3) Confirm the action by selecting Delete. To cancel the action, select Cancel.
After the learner's last attempt has been deleted, the learner's status on the learning modules will change to Not Started.
Learning Module Builder language
The language of the Learning Module Builder can be set and customized in LMS365 Global Settings > Language Files. For information on this process, please see this guide.