Learners in global organizations may be asked to complete what we call multilingual courses. These are courses that have their learning modules available in multiple languages. When a learner takes such a course, they will select the learning module that shows the content in their preferred language and only complete this learning module in the course.
In this article, we go through the steps a learner takes to complete such a multilingual course.
Completion of a multilingual course consists of the following steps:
To complete a multilingual course that is set up as described in this article, learners will only select and complete the learning module in the relevant language, not all learning modules of the course. The process consists of the following steps:
1. On the course home page, learners select a learning module in one of the following ways:
- From the Content section, the learner selects the learning modules in their preferred language and selects Start to take the course. The LMS365 player opens the course on the selected learning module.
- From the Information section, the learner selects Play course to go directly to the LMS365 player. From the LMS365 player, under Course Overview, the learner then selects the learning module in their preferred language to go to this content.
2. When the learner completes the learning module, they see the learning module completion page. As they were only required to complete one learning module of this course, this also means that the learner has completed the course. The learner can navigate to the Course Status page to see the course completion confirmation.
Learners can navigate to the Course Status page in various ways, depending on the placement of the learning module within the course:
- If the completed learning module isn't the last one in the course, learners need to go to the Course Status section on the bottom left-hand side of the LMS365 player.
If a learner accidentally selects Continue or Go to the next step in the Course, they'll be directed to start a new learning module in a different language. If this happens, they should select either Skip or Course Status to navigate to the Course Status page.
- If the completed learning module is the last one in the course, learners should select either Go to the next step in the Course or Continue.
In all cases, learners land on the Course Status page, where they see the confirmation of their course completion.
On the course home page, learners can also find the Completed status of the learning module and the course.