It may be necessary for admins to introduce changes to the Instructor-Led training, for example, change settings, update information, add sessions, or delete the course entirely.
From the Course Management panel, admins have access to the course settings and a variety of tools related to the course management – including deleting the course. This article provides you with a description of the settings and tools available from the Course Management panel of the Instructor-Led training type.
How to find the Course Management panel
You can find the Course Management panel in the following two ways:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Select the relevant course > the Course Management panel will open on the right side of the LMS365 Admin Center.
- Go the course home page > Select the Course Management link at the top-right part of the page above the training information section > the Course Management panel will open on the right side of the course home page.
The Course Management Panel
You can find the following action links on the Course Management panel of the Instructor-Led training:
- View Course
- Edit Course
- Manage Course Settings
- Manage People
- Email Learners
- Approve Enrollments
- Course Progress
- Course Reports
- Manage Rating
- Manage Course Content
- Course Completion Settings
- Manage Course Sessions
- Waiting List
- Request(s) for Sessions
- Delete Course
When you select the View Course link, you will be directed to the course home page where you can view how the course description, information, and content will look like on the course home page.
When you select the Edit Course link, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode. The course will open on the Basic Details section, where you can edit the course settings.
- The course type and the Enrollment Type of the course can't be edited after course is created.
- If you edit the web address of a course, the previous course URL will not be available anymore. The course URL can be edited either via the Basic Details section of the course configuration panel or via API.
You can navigate between all course sections to make changes. You don't need to save changes each time you navigate from one section to another. Saving your changes is only necessary before you close the Course Edit panel.
After you have made the relevant changes, you can either select Save to save your changes and stay in the course edit mode to continue with further adjustments, or you can select Save & Close to make the course edit panel close after your changes are saved.
Manage Course Settings
When you select the Manage Course Settings link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode in the Settings section. Here, you can introduce relevant changes to the course settings.
The Manage People link will bring you to the People section of the course in the edit mode. Here, you can enroll new learners and administrators in the course and manage the enrolled learners and course administrators.
When you select Email Learners from the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the Email Learners panel. Here, you can find the list of the enrolled in this course learners, filter them if required, and email to the relevant learner(s).
To filter the learners, use the following options:
- From the All Statuses drop-down list, select the relevant status to filter the learners: Not Started, In Progress, Completed. The default value is All Statuses.
- From the All drop-down list, select the Overdue or Not Overdue option to filter the learners. The default value is All.
- By clicking the column's title—Name, Username, Department, Line Manager, Enrollment Date, Status, Is Overdue, Due Date, Completion Date—the columns will be sorted accordingly.
To email learner(s), follow the steps:
1) From the Name column, select the relevant learner(s) to email. To select all learners in the column, select the Name checkbox.
2) From the opened Actions panel, select Send Email Message.
The Send Email Message option is disabled for learners without an email address registered with their account.
The Send Email Message option is available if among the selected learners are those without an email address registered with their account. Upon sending, you will see the warning message "Some of the selected users don't have email specified so they will not receive the email message." In this case, you need to either Confirm email sending or Cancel.
3) Fill in the Subject and Message fields.
By default, a link to the course page is included to the message. You can add, edit, or delete information, including the default one, in the Message field.
4) Select Send to send the message.
The sent email will be received as a separate email by all selected learners. Sending the same email to a large number of recipients can increase the risk of your message being rejected, categorized as less important, or even junk email by email clients and spam filters.
The Approve Enrollments link will direct you to the Approve Enrollments page with pending approval requests for the course.
The Course Progress link will bring you to the course progress dashboard and report where you can get an overview of learners' progress with the course in question.
The Course Reports link will direct you to an interface where you can generate reports that provides data on the engagement with, respectively, content packages, learning modules, and quizzes in the course.
The Manage Rating link will direct you to an overview of course ratings. Here, you can manage ratings and export the rating information to Excel.
Manage Course Content
When you select the Manage Course Content link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode in the Content section, from where you can manage the course content.
Course Completion Settings
When you select the Course Completion Settings link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the Course Completion Settings page. Here, you can manage the course completion sets of the course in question.
Manage Course Sessions
When you select the Manage Course Sessions link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the course in edit mode on the Sessions page. From here, you can manage the sessions of the course.
In the Sessions section, you can manage learners in courses of the enrollment type Enroll user into a single course session. Additional actions on learners' management are available in the People section.
If you have enabled Waiting List while course creating or editing, this link will be available for this course on the Course Management panel. The number of pending requests from learners to be enrolled in the course or a session is stated it the brackets. If learners didn't submit any requests, the number in brackets will be zero (0).
The link will bring you to the course Waiting List page, where you can manage learners in the waiting list.
Request(s) for Sessions
If you have enabled Request(s) for Sessions while course creating or editing, this link will be available for this course on the course Management Panel. The number of pending requests can be seen in the brackets. If learners didn't submit any session requests, the number in brackets will be zero (0).
Select the Request(s) for Sessions link to navigate to the Request(s) for Sessions page of the course in question from were the admin can see and manage requests for sessions.
To delete a course:
1) In the LMS365 Admin Center, go to the Training Management.
2) Select the course to delete.
3) Select Delete Course on the Course Management panel.
4) In the Confirmation message, select the checkbox I am aware that this action cannot be undone. This activates the Delete button.
You will be informed that the group(s), that were used in this training will be deleted:
- Course Administrators.
- Visitors - This group will be listed only if the Training Audience Targeting option was enabled for the course and the course was created prior the January 25,2022 release.
5) Select Delete to delete the course. Select Cancel to cancel the action.