This article provides steps on creating courses via the LMS365 API.
To create a new course:
1. Navigate to https://api.365.systems/
2. Scroll down to the Authorize button, select it, and enter your API key.
Please see this article for guidance on how to find your API key - API key management.
3. Find the Courses section, expand it, and find the POST method with the description Creates new course.
4. Check the example value to see what parameters that can be used for course creation.
Here is an explanation of what the default data values can be:
- guid - unique id
- string - any finite sequence of characters (letters, numerals, symbols, punctuation marks, etc.)
- integer - whole number
- boolean - true or false variable
From these values, the following are required:
- CourseCatalogId - unique Id of the catalog where this new course will appear. Please find full instructions on how to get the course catalog ID in this article.
- UICulture - site language, which should be added from the list of SharePoint supported languages. Locale ID should be used, for example en-us for English (United States)
Please find the full list of languages supported by SharePoint here. If you use other locales, course creation will fail.
- Title - Course title
- Description - Short description of the course
Other parameters are optional and can be changed after course creation. However, you can publish your course right away if you add the "IsPublished": true parameter.
5. Select Try it out, copy the body text, that was written based on the example value and contains all required (and other) parameters, and paste it into the Edit Value field. Then, select Execute.
6. Check the result in the Response field:
- CODE 2xx - request worked correctly.
- Response body - you can find parameters of the new course here.