Some users prefer using LMS365 API to create courses and this article provides guidelines on the steps to do this.
To create a new course via the help of LMS365 API do the following:
2. In the list of LMS365 Cloud API sections find the 'Courses' section, expand it, and find the POST method with the description Creates new Course.
3. In the Example Value field you can see what parameters that can be used for a course creation.
Among the parameter four are required and others are optional to fill in when creating a new course via API. Optional parameters can be added after the course creation.
The default data for the values can be of the following types:
- guid - unique id.
- string - any finite sequence of characters (letters, numerals, symbols, punctuation marks, etc.).
- integer - whole number.
- boolean - true or false variable.
The required parameters are:
- CourseCatalogId - unique ID of the course catalog where this new course will appear. Please find full instructions on how to get the course catalog ID here.
- UICulture - site language, which should be added from the list of the SharePoint supported languages.
Locale ID should be used, for example en-us for English (United States). The list of languages supported by SharePoint can be found here. Creation will fail in case other locales are used.
- Title - give your course a title.
- Description - provide a short description for your course.
- CourseSessionEnrollmentType (if you use CourseType "ClassRoom") - it should be "1" for "Enroll user into single course sessions" enrollment type and "2" for "Enroll user into all course sessions" enrollment type.
You can publish your course right away after creating via adding the following parameter:
4. Select 'Try it out' in the top right corner. In the Edit Value field fill in the required fields and the optional ones you want to be added.
When ready, select the blue 'Execute' button.
5. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 200) under Code shows that the request worked correctly.
- In the Response body field you will see a newly created course with the set parameters. The course will be displayed in the Training Management section of the LMS365 Admin Center where you can go on and manage its settings.