There's only one notification template related to course catalogs—the Guest Invitation notification template.
LMS365 enables you to add guests (external users) via the Users page, therefore giving them access to the whole catalog.
This article describes the Guest Invitation notification template, what triggers this notification, how it's delivered, and the default notification template settings.
- Invitation of guests (external users) requires prerequisites.
- Internal users won't receive a Guest Invitation notification when they are added to a catalog.
An invited guest (external user) will receive an email notification with the name of the admin that has invited the guest user, the title (link) of the catalog in question, and an Accept Invitation link.
What triggers the notification?
External guest users will receive the Guest Invitation notification when the catalog admin or LMS admin use their email to invite them via the LMS365 Learner Administration > Users page.
Default Recipients in the To and Cc fields
The external guest user.
The Guest Invitation notification with default settings provides the following information:
- To. The external guest user this notification is sent to.
- The name of the person who has invited the external guest user to the catalog and the direct to link to this catalog home page.
- The link to the accept the invitation.
An example of the 'Guest Invitation' email notification.
Editing the notification template
To edit the Guest Invitation notification template, select it and on the Actions panel select Edit Template. On the Edit Template page make your changes to the following fields:
- To. -The guest user by default. The field is required.
- Cc. Empty by default.
- Subject. Default text with a catalog variable is provided. The field is required.
- Message. Default text with the name of the admin that has invited the external guest user and catalog hyperlink. Accept invitation link variables is provided. The field is required.
- Variables. A list of variables are available for this notification template:
An example of editing of the 'Guest Invitation' email notification.
Catalog admins can edit the template and change the default values.