In LMS365 it's possible to create user profile columns as well as edit them (except the Username, User is in Course Catalog and Manager columns) with your own data source, using the LMS365 APIs or via the LMS365 Global Settings > LMS Configuration > Users Columns.
This article describes what APIs to use and what steps to perform to create a new custom column and to configure the existing user profile columns.
The Custom Synchronization option is enabled for each column individually. When the Custom Synchronization is enabled on a specific сolumn, LMS365 will no longer synchronize the data from Microsoft Azure AD for that particular column. However, you can still populate data within that field from your data source via API. Find more about updating custom and system columns here.
To create a new custom column via API, do the following:
1. Go to https://api.365.systems/ and authorize with the relevant API key. You can find more about the authorization process here.
2. Find the UserFields section, expand it, find the POST method /odata/v2/UserFields with the Creates new user field description and then select Try it out in the top left corner.
3. After you select Try it out, you will be able to set the following required parameters:
- "Title": "string" replace the string with the name you want the column to have.
- "Description": "string" replace the string with the description you want the column to have.
- "Type": "integer" replace the string with the data type you want the column to be of.
The data type can't be changed after the column is created. The default data type is string (displays the text information, for example, a job title). Other available data types are: Boolean (the value can only be either Yes or No), number (numerals), date (date format).
For an API request use the following format to set a data type for a column: String (or 0), Boolean (or 1), Number (or 2), DateTime (or 3).
For example, "Type": "integer" can be set as "Type": "Boolean" or "Type": "1" with the same result.
You can set the visibility status of a column on the Users panel with the help of the "IsVisible" parameter: replace boolean with true (making it visible on the Users panel) or false (not visible).
An example of an API request can be:
"Description":"Reporting", "IsVisible":true, "Type":"0"
4. Select the Execute button to run the command.
5. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 201) under Code shows that the request worked correctly.
- In the Response body field the results of the request will be displayed. The column will be created which can be checked and configured (except the column type) in the LMS Configuration > Users Columns and on the Users panel.
Article is closed for comments.