It may be necessary for admins to introduce changes to course settings, update information in a course, or delete the course entirely.
From the Course Management panel, admins have access to the course settings and a variety of tools related to the course management – including deleting the course. This article provides you with a description of the settings and tools available from the Course Management panel of the e-Learning course type.
How to find the Course Management panel
You can find the Course Management panel in the following two ways:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Select the relevant course > the Course Management panel will open on the right side of the LMS365 Admin Center.
- Go the course home page > Select the Course Management link at the top-right part of the page above the Information section > the Course Management panel will open on the right side of the course home page.
The Course Management Panel
You can find the following action links on the Course Management panel of the e-Learning course type:
- View Course
- Edit Course
- Manage Course Settings
- Manage People
- Email Learners
- Approve Enrollments
- Course Progress
- Course Reports
- Manage Rating
- Manage Course Content
- Course Completion Settings
- Delete Course
When you select the View Course link, you will be directed to the course home page where you can view how the course description, information, and content will look like on the course home page.
When you select the Edit Course link, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode. The course will open on the Basic Details section, where you can edit the course settings.
- The course type of the course can't be edited after course is created.
- If you edit the web address of a course, the previous course URL will not be available anymore. The course URL can be edited either via the Basic Details section of the course configuration panel or via API.
You can navigate between all course sections to make changes. You don't need to save changes each time you navigate from one section to another. Saving your changes is only necessary before you close the course edit panel.
After you have made the relevant changes, you can either select Save to save your changes and stay in the course edit mode to continue with further adjustments, or you can select Save & Close to make the course edit panel close after your changes are saved.
Manage Course Settings
When you select the Manage Course Settings link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode in the Settings section.
Here, you can introduce relevant changes to the course settings.
The Manage People link will bring you to the People section of the course in the edit mode. Here, you can enroll new learners and administrators in the course and manage the enrolled learners and course administrators.
When you select Email Learners from the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the Email Learners panel. Here, you can find the list of learners enrolled in the course. You can filter the view to find the relevant learners to email.
To filter the enrolled learners, use the following options:
- From the All Statuses drop-down list, select the relevant status to filter the learners: Not Started, In Progress, Completed. The default value is All Statuses.
- From the All drop-down list, select the Overdue or Not Overdue option to filter the learners. The default value is All.
- By clicking the column's title—Name, Username, Department, Line Manager, Enrollment Date, Status, Is Overdue, Due Date, Completion Date—the columns will be sorted accordingly.
To email learner(s), follow the steps below:
1. From the Name column, select the relevant learner(s) to email. To select all learners in the column, select the Name checkbox.
2. An Actions panel will open. From here, select Send Email Message.
The Send Email Message option will be disabled for learners without an email address registered with their Azure Active Directory account.
If one or more of the selected learners doesn't have an email address registered with their account, a message will let you know that some of the selected learners will not receive the email message. In this case, you need to either Confirm sending the email message or Cancel.
3. Fill in the Subject and Message fields.
By default, the link to the course page is included in the message. You can add, edit, or delete information, including the default information, in the Message field.
4. Select Send to send the message.
The email will be received as a separate email by all selected learners. Sending the same email to a large number of recipients can increase the risk of your message being rejected, categorized as less important, or even junk email by email clients and spam filters.
The Approve Enrollments link will direct you to the Approve Enrollments page with pending approval requests for the course.
The Course Progress link will bring you to the course progress dashboard and report where you can get an overview of learners' progress with the course in question.
The Course Reports link will direct you to an interface where you can generate reports that provides data on the engagement with, respectively, content packages, learning modules, and quizzes in the course.
The Manage Rating link will direct you to an overview of course ratings. Here, you can manage ratings and export the rating information to Excel.
Manage Course Content
When you select the Manage Course Content link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the course in the edit mode in the Content section, from where you can manage the course content.
Course Completion Settings
When you select the Course Completion Settings link on the Course Management panel, you will be directed to the Course Completion Settings page. Here, you can manage the course completion sets of the course in question.
To delete a course:
1) In the LMS365 Admin Center, go to Training Management.
2) Select the course to delete.
3) Select Delete Course on the Course Management panel.
4) In the Confirmation message, select the checkbox I am aware that this action cannot be undone. This activates the Delete button.
You will be informed that the group(s), that were used in this training will be deleted:
- Course Administrators.
- Visitors - This group will be listed only if the Training Audience Targeting option was enabled for the course and the course was created prior the January 25,2022 release.
5) Select Delete to delete the course. Select Cancel to cancel the action.