The course progress dashboard provides an overview of the progress for a specific course. From this view, you can also download a report with additional data about learners' progress with the course in question.
This guide covers how to find this dashboard and report and the options to manage the progress of learners from this view.
How to find the course progress dashboard and report
There are several ways to get to the course progress dashboard and report:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Select the relevant course> Course Progress.
- From the course home page, select Course Management > On the Course Management panel, select Course Progress.
This will bring out the Course Progress panel displaying the learners' progress with the selected course, in a dashboard overview like in the image below.
Overview of the course Progress dashboard
The course Progress dashboard consists of several sections with information on the learner's progress for the current course:
- Summary of Progress for Selected Course displays the charts with the summarized information about learners' progress. Here, selecting Download Report, you can also download a report in Excel format that shows data on course progress.
Select the expand arrow of Summary of Progress for Selected Course to expand or collapse the summary information.
More information about how to read the data can be found in this article.
- Right below the charts, you can find the search and filtering tools of the dashboard:
- The Reload icon updates the view of the latest version of the course progress dashboard.
- In the Search field, enter the name of learner or part of the name to search for specific learners.
- The All filter enables you to filter learners according to the selected first letter of their name.
- Select the title of a column, to sort the information in it. Users will be filtered by username set in the Azure Active Directory, not by first or last name.
- For instructor-led training with the Enroll user into a single- and multiple- course sessions enrollment type, the All Course Sessions drop-down enables you to filter learners’ details either by selecting the relevant course session from the drop-down list or selecting All Course Sessions to filter all the learners of the course, including those who aren't registered in any session. For sessions with a title, the title will be displayed, along with the start and end date, and the time of the session.
- In the columns, you can find detailed information about the progress of learners who are currently enrolled in the course and the tools to manage their progress.
More information about how to read the data displayed in the columns and in the downloaded report can be found in this article.
To see details on a learner's progress on each learning item of the course, select the expand arrow next to the learner’s name.
The learning items that are set as required for completion are identified with the start icon.
On the course Progress panel, you can track a separate progress of learning modules, content packages, quizzes, and assessments. Quizzes and content packages are displayed as well when they are a part of a learning module. Progress on other content items of a learning module aren't tracked on the Progress panel but can be viewed via the View Learners' Progress link of the learning module from the course Content section.
- Course progress is calculated according to the course completion set with the highest progress percentage.
- If there is more than one completion set, location of the Required for Completion star icon in the dashboard depends on the learner's progress for the required items and is located near the learning items of the completion set that the user has the highest progress percentage for.
The course contains two completion sets: completion set 1 (with the required items 1 and 2) and completion set 2 (with the required items 3 and 4).
Let the learner's progress for required items for completion set 1 be 50 %, for completion set 2 - 70%. As the progress for set 2 (70%) is higher than the progress for set 1 (50 %), the Required for Completion icon will be shown next to the learning items from set 2. Once the learner's progress for the required items changes, the icon placement will change accordingly.
Managing options of the course progress dashboard
Besides providing metrics on the progress of courses, the course progress dashboard also provides the following options to manage learners' progress:
- Edit learner's progress and change the completion status.
- Delete user's course progress or an attempt.
- Force retake of the course and reset learners' progress.
- Manage learner's certificates.
- Download the course progress report.
Edit learner's progress and completion status
By selecting the expand arrow next to a learner’s name, admins can see and edit the learner's progress by selecting the Edit icon in the learner's name row.
On the opened panel, you find the list of all learning items that can be managed from here. You can change their completion status manually.
For instructor-led training of the Enroll user into a single- and multiple- course sessions enrollment types with the Allow enrollment without session registration option enabled, regardless of whether attendance is set as required for course completion, if the learner is enrolled in the course without any session registration, there will be no field for attendance management on the opened panel.
The course completion toggle allows you to settle the whole course as Completed regardless of the status of its learning items and whether these learning items are required.
When you enable the Completed toggle to Yes:
- The course will be set as Completed regardless of the status of its learning items and whether these learning items are required for completion.
- The Completion Date field opens where you can manually set the completion date. By default, it shows the current date.
- If the course has set CEUs, the CEUs field will open. Here, you can see and edit the number of CEUs learner wil acquire for this course completion.
Select Save to save changes or close the panel to discard.
Delete user's course progress or an attempt
Course admins can delete a learner's attempt of a separate learning item in the course or delete the learner's course progress.
- On the course Progress panel, you can track a separate progress of learning modules, content packages, quizzes, and assessments. Quizzes and content packages are displayed as well when they are a part of a learning module. Progress on other content items of a learning module aren't tracked on the Progress panel but can be viewed via the View Learners Progress link of the learning module from the course Content section.
- If a course was marked manually as Completed but none of its learning items were marked as Completed, then no attempt will be available to delete.
To delete a learner’s attempt on a learning item:
1. Select the red cross icon next to the relevant learning item.
2. In the confirmation dialogue, select the checkbox of the relevant action to perform:
- All attempts will delete all attempts statuses and bring the status of this learning item to Not Started.
- If the learning item progress has more than one attempt, there will be the Previous status field with the relevant information. Selecting the Last Attempt will bring the status of the learning item to the specified Previous status.
- When you select to Delete Attendance progress for the instructor-led training, you will delete attendance in all sessions that the learner was registered in. The attendance status will be changed to Not Started. This applies to all types of instructor-led training enrollment.
To Delete User's Progress for a course:
1. By selecting the red cross icon next to the learner's name, admins can delete learner's course progress that includes learner’s existing certificate(s), granted skills, and attendance. The status of the course and the learning items in it in this case will be set to Not Started.
2. On the opened panel, select the items to delete.
By default, only the completed items will be selected for deleting. The In Progress learning items are listed but not selected for deletion. The Not Started learning items aren't listed here. To select all listed items for deletion, select the Name check box.
Select the Delete button to delete the progress of the learner.
- If a course was marked manually as Completed but none of its learning items were marked as Completed, then no learning items will be available to select and delete. In this case, select the Delete button to delete the course progress.
- The course status will be updated when:
- The learner retakes one of the learning items that are required for course completion.
- The admin updates the Course Completion Settings.
- One of the learning items required for course completion has been deleted.
You can force a learner to retake the completed course. Selecting the Force retake icon, you will reset the learner's progress for the course. The learner, in their turn, will have to retake the completed course again.
Confirm the action by selecting Retake.
After you have reset the progress of the learner, the course status will be updated to Not Started, but the learner’s previous completion will still be in the learner’s record. You will be able to see the last completion date by hovering over the grey tick icon next to the status. For more detailed information, read this guide on course retake.
Manage learner's certificates
On the dashboard, the eye icon means the user has acquired certificate(s) upon completion of the course. You can view, download, or delete certificates. To manage a learner’s certificate(s), select the eye icon in the Certificate column.
On the opened panel, the list of all the learner's certificates will be displayed.
The list provides information about the status of the certificates (Valid, Expiring, Expired), the issue date, and the expiry date.
You can download certificate(s) to your local device by selecting the download icon.
To delete a certificate, select the red cross icon near the relevant certificate.
Download a course progress report
Select the Download Report button to download a course progress report in the Excel file with data on the course progress. The report will display information in the language of your browser, if this language is supported by LMS365. Otherwise, it will be displayed in English.
More information about how to read the data on the Course Progress dashboard and report can be found in this article.