The Course/Training Plan Progress dashboard provides an overview of the progress for a specific course or training plan. From this view, you can also download an Excel report with additional data about learners' progress with the course or training plan in question.
In this guide, we will cover how to find this view and report and what options you have to manage the progress of learners from this view.
How to find the course/training plan progress dashboard and report
To get to the course/training plan progress dashboard and report:
Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Course List/Training Plan List > select relevant course/training plan > and then Course Progress/Training Plan Progress.
Or from the training home page, select Course/Training Plan Management > and from the Course/Training Plan Management panel, select Course/Training Plan Progress.
This will bring out a panel displaying the learners' progress with the selected training, in a dashboard overview like below.
The view for courses
The view for training plans
Overview of the course/training plan progress dashboard
The charts of the dashboard will show:
- Number of learners that are currently enrolled in the training.
- Number of learners that have ever completed the training.
- Average training rating (is calculated as an average of all received (not hidden) ratings).
- Percentage of the current learners that have Completed, In Progress, Not Started, and Overdue statuses (Overdue is only shown for e-Learning courses).
The Download Report - Excel File button enables you to download an Excel sheet with data on the course/training plan progress that includes more details about the enrolled learners.
Below the charts, you can find information about the progress of learners who are currently enrolled into the course or training plan in the following columns:
- Name – Name of enrolled learners.
- Status – Learner’s completion status: Not Started, In Progress, or Completed. For more information on the learner's completion status, please visit this guide.
- CEUs – Positive or decimal number of CEUs earned for the training completion (if set).
- Progress – Learner’s progress with the training in percentage.
- Score – Learner’s average score of the learning items required for the training completion.
- Completed – The date the learner has completed the training. There are two possible types of the completion date: 1) To set the exact date manually by editing learners in the course/training plan progress. 2) The date will be set automatically after the learner has completed the training.
- Certificate – Learner’s certificate (if a certificate is achieved)
The Reload button allows to update to view the latest version of the course/training plan progress dashboard.
The search fields allows you to search for specific users.
Selecting the different columns, you can sort the information.
Please be aware: Users will be filtered by username set in the Azure AD, not by first or last name.
The drop-down filtering allows you to sort learners’ details by course sessions (for session based courses).
To see details on a learner's progress with each learning item of the course, select the expand button next to the learner’s name. Items required for course completion are marked with an asterisk.
The red star icon next to a learning item indicates that this item is required for the completion of the course.
Managing capabilities of the course/training plan progress view
Beside providing metrics on the progress of courses and training plans, the course/training plan progress view also provides the following options to manage learners' progress:
- Edit learners' progress and change the completion status.
- Delete learners' last attempt or all learner's attempts and progress.
- Reset learners' progress.
- Manage learners' certificates.
Edit learners' progress and completion status
By selecting the expand icon next to a learner’s name, admins can see and edit the learner's progress using the Edit icon (pencil symbol) in the learner name row.
A sidebar will appear where you can see the list of all learning items and change their completion status manually.
The course completion toggle allows you to mark the whole course as completed, regardless of the status of its learning items including and whether these learning items are required or not.
After you move the Completed toggle to Yes, you will see a Completion Date field where you are allowed to manually set the date (by default it shows your current date) and a CEUs field where you can edit the number of CEUs earned by the learner (by default it shows the number of CEUs granted according to the course settings).
Save your changes or close the sidebar to discard them.
Delete learners' attempt or progress
Admins can delete a learner’s last attempt by selecting the red cross next to the learning item.
You will be asked to decide whether you want to delete all or only the the last attempt.
Admins can delete a learner's course completion and a learner’s certificate(s) by selecting the red cross next to the learner's name.
You will see a sidebar with all items you can delete.
By default, only completed items will be selected for deleting. Select the relevant items and then select the Delete button to delete the progress of the learner.
Reset learners' progress
To reset the progress of the training (if the option Voluntary Retake option is on) select the Force retake button.
You will need to confirm the action.
After you have reset the progress of the learner, the training status will be updated to Not Started, but the learner’s previous completion will still be in the learner’s record. For more detailed information please read this guide on course/training plan retake.
Manage learners' certificates
You can view learner’s certificate(s) by selecting the eye symbol in the certificate column.
If a learner has more than one certificate, the list of all the learner's certificates will be displayed.
The list of all certificates provides information about the certificates' status (Valid, Expiring, Expired) and the date for when the certificate was issued and when it will expire. Also, the list allows you to download the certificate(s) to your local computer and to delete it.