The course/training plan progress dashboard provides an overview of the progress for a specific course or training plan. From this view, you can also download an Excel report with additional data about learners' progress with the course or training plan in question.
In this guide, we will cover how to find this view and report and what options you have to manage the progress of learners from this view.
How to find the course/training plan progress dashboard and report
There are several ways to get to the course/training plan progress dashboard and report:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select relevant course/training plan > Course Progress/Training Plan Progress.
- From the training home page, select Course/Training Plan Management > on the Course/Training Plan Management panel, select Course/Training Plan Progress.
This will bring out the Progress panel displaying the learners' progress with the selected training, in a dashboard overview like below.
The view for courses
The view for training plans
Overview of the course/training plan progress dashboard
The charts of the dashboard contains the following information:
- Number of learners that are currently enrolled in the training.
- Number of learners that have ever completed the training.
- Average training rating.
- Percentage of the current learners that have the Completed, In Progress, Not Started, and Overdue statuses.
- Download Report enables you to download a report in the Excel sheet with data on the course/training plan progress that includes more details about the enrolled learners.
Select the expand arrow of Summary of Progress for Selected Course/Training Plan to expand or collapse the summary information.
Below the charts, you can find detailed information on the progress of learners who are currently enrolled in the course/training plan. For more information about how to read the learners' progress, navigate to Understanding the Course/Training Plan Progress dashboard and report.
Select the Reload icon to update the view of the latest version of the course/training plan progress dashboard.
The Search field allows you to search for specific users.
Selecting the title of each column, you can sort the information in them.
Users will be filtered by username set in the Azure Active Directory, not by first or last name.
For Instructor-Led Training with the Enroll user into a single- and multiple course sessions enrollment type, the All Course Sessions drop-down enables you to filter learners’ details by course sessions. For sessions with a title, the title will be displayed along with the start and end date, and the time of the session.
To see details on a learner's progress on each learning item of the course, select the expand arrow next to the learner’s name.
Items required for course completion are marked with the star icon.
On the course Progress panel, you can track a separate progress of learning modules, content packages, quizzes, and assessments. Quizzes and content packages are displayed as well when they are a part of a learning module. Progress on other content items of a learning module aren't tracked on the Progress panel but can be viewed via the View Learners' Progress link of the learning module in question from the course Content section.
- Course progress is calculated according to the course completion set with the highest progress percentage.
- If there is more than one completion set, the Required for Completion star icon in the dashboard will depend on the learner's progress for the required items and be shown for the completion set that the user has the highest progress percentage for.
There are 2 course completion sets:
- Set 1 with the required items 1 and 2.
- Set 2 with the required items 3 and 4.
Let the learner's progress for required items for set 1 be 50 %, for set 2 - 70%. As the progress for set 2 (70%) is higher than the progress for set 1 (50 %), the Required for Completion icon will be shown next to the required items from set 2.
Once the learner's progress for the required items changes, the icon placement will change accordingly.
- When you set the course completion manually, Progress and Score values will automatically be set to 100% (Learning module, attendance, assessment, and external app have no score).
Managing capabilities of the course/training plan progress dashboard
Besides providing metrics on the progress of courses and training plans, the course/training plan progress dashboard also provides the following options to manage learners' progress:
- Edit learners' progress and change the completion status.
- Delete learners' last attempt or all learner's attempts and course progress.
- Reset learners' progress.
- Manage learners' certificates.
Edit learners' progress and completion status
By selecting the expand icon next to a learner’s name, admins can see and edit the learner's progress selecting the pen icon in the learner's name row.
On the opened sidebar, you find the list of all learning items that can be managed from here. You can change their completion status manually.
The course completion toggle allows you to settle the whole course as Completed regardless of the status of its learning items and whether these learning items are required or not.
When you enable the Completed toggle to Yes:
- You will see a Completion Date field where you can manually set the date. By default, it shows the current date.
- In the CEUs field, you can edit the number of CEUs earned by the learner. By default, it shows the number of CEUs granted according to the course settings.
Select Save to save changes or close the sidebar to discard.
Delete a learner's attempt or course progress
Admins can delete a learner's attempt of a separate learning item in the course or delete the learner's course progress.
- On the course Progress panel, you can track a separate progress of learning modules, content packages, quizzes, and assessments. Quizzes and content packages are displayed as well when they are a part of a learning module. Progress on other content items of a learning module aren't tracked on the Progress panel but can be viewed via the View Learners' Progress link of the learning module in question from the course Content section.
- If a course was marked manually as Completed but none of its learning items were marked as Completed, then no attempt will be available to delete.
To delete a learner’s attempt on a learning item:
1) Select the red cross icon next to the relevant learning item.
2) In the confirmation dialog, select to delete All Attempts or only the Last Attempt.
When you select to delete Attendance progress, you will delete attendance in all sessions that the learner was enrolled in, and the status will be marked as Not Started. This applies to all course enrollment types.
To Delete User's Progress:
1) By selecting the red cross icon next to the learner's name, admins can delete learner's course progress that includes learner’s existing certificate(s), granted skills, and attendance. The status of the course and the learning items in it in this case will be set to Not Started.
2) On the opened panel, select the items to delete.
By default, only the completed items will be selected for deleting. Select the relevant items and then select the Delete button to delete the progress of the learner.
- If a course was marked manually as Completed but none of its learning items were marked as Completed, then no learning items will be available to select and delete.
- The course status will be updated when:
- The learner retakes one of the learning items that are required for course completion.
- The admin updates the Course Completion Settings.
- One of the learning items required for course completion has been deleted.
Reset learners' progress
To reset the progress of the training (if the Voluntary Retake option is enabled), select the Force retake icon.
Confirm the action by selecting Retake.
After you have reset the progress of the learner, the training status will be updated to Not Started, but the learner’s previous completion will still be in the learner’s record. You will be able to see the last completion date by hovering over the grey tick icon next to the status. For more detailed information, please read this guide on course/training plan retake.
Manage learners' certificates
On the dashboard, the eye icon means the user has acquired certificate(s) upon completion of the course/training plan. You can view, download, or delete certificates. To manage a learner’s certificate(s), select the eye icon in the Certificate column.
On the opened panel, the list of all the learner's certificates will be displayed.
The list provides information about the status of the certificates (Valid, Expiring, Expired), the issue date, and the expiration date.
You can download certificate(s) to your local computer by selecting the download icon.
To delete a certificate, select the red cross icon near the relevant certificate.