The LMS365 mobile app enables training via mobile devices. Learners are offered quick access to courses and training plans with a personalized experience. Learning can be consumed online as well as offline.
This article provides an overview of the main LMS365 mobile app tabs - Catalog, Dashboard, Notifications, and Settings - as well as how the mobile app can be used online and offline.
Main mobile app tabs
The main tabs of the LMS365 mobile app are displayed at the bottom of the screen in the following sections: Catalog, Dashboard, Notifications, and Settings. When opening the mobile app, users will be automatically redirected to the Dashboard tab.
The Catalog tab
The Catalog tab is the mobile version of the Course Catalog and displays all published courses and training plans in a course catalog. From this tab, users can switch between available course catalogs from a selector placed at the top of the screen.
Users need to be added to either the Owners, Visitors, Administrators, or Learners group(s) on the site where the course catalog is installed for the course catalog to be available to them from the selector.
To navigate between available course catalogs, users tap the collapse/expand menu in the header at the top of the screen. Scroll the course catalog list and select the relevant course catalog.
The list of available published courses and training plans refreshes automatically and displays the training from the selected course catalog. If the Show Rating option is enabled and Highest Ranked Courses in the Catalog Content Editor are configured, you will see the highest-ranked courses and training plans (depending on their rating) at the top of the list of courses and training plans.
To easily find relevant training, use the Search field. The Search field will show training that has the search words in the title, as well as in the short/long description, categories, tags, and contacts.
Users can also narrow down results by employing the filter which is placed in a panel that folds out when activated in the top right corner of the screen.
The filter allows to filter by:
- Categories: The total amount of training with the same category is displayed in the brackets next to the category. If there are more than five categories, tap Show more to see all results in the filter panel. You can decide on the number of categories to be displayed in the filter.
- Training Type: e-Learning, Instructor-Led Training, or Training Plan.
- Course Session Dates: Set a start and end date to sort Instructor-Led Training courses by the start and end dates of the course sessions of these courses (courses without active sessions will not be shown as a result of this filtered).
- Course Session Type: Sort between courses with active sessions that are held on-site and in a virtual classroom.
After a value is entered in the Search field or a filtering option is selected, the Reset button will appear next to each filtering section. Reset All will be available at the bottom of the panel. Resetting will allow you to reset a particular section of the filter panel or to reset all filters and the Search field.
Filter settings will be applied until they are reset or until the LMS365 app is closed.
To close the filter panel, select the filter icon at the top right corner of the screen or tap on any place outside the panel.
Courses and training plans are listed in the course catalog in training cards. From a training card, users can go to the training in question by tapping the arrow icon. Detailed information about the training can be viewed by tapping on the information icon (an exclamation mark in a circle).
If the Detailed View option is enabled, the following information may be displayed on the training card (depending on the training type and settings) - training type, duration, start and end dates, location, contacts, and description.
For the Instructor-Led Training course type additional information will be displayed:
- The Start Date field displays the start date of the course session. If a learner is enrolled in several sessions of the "Enroll user into a single course session" course or it is a course with the "Enroll user into all course sessions" enrollment type, the value Multiple Dates will be displayed.
- The Location field displays the course session location. If a learner is enrolled in several sessions of the "Enroll user into a single course session" course or it is a course with the "Enroll user into all course sessions" enrollment type, the value Multiple locations will be displayed.
If the Detailed View option is disabled the information icon will redirect users to the training page.
The Dashboard tab
The Dashboard tab is the mobile version of My Training Dashboard.
In the Dashboard tab, you will find a menu at the top of the screen from where you can select to see the sections of My Training Dashboard, which the admin has made available from the mobile view.
These can be:
Overview - Provides relevant information on current and upcoming training and is divided into two subsections: My Team’s Training Status (available for line managers only) with an overview of line manager team's progress as well as individual team members’ progress and My Training Status with an overview of the learner's progress.
- Training - Provides information on the courses and training plans the learner is enrolled into (planned, in progress, and completed).
- Certificates - Provides an overview of all the learner's certificates.
- Skills - Displays all the learner's skills with levels, achievement, and revocation dates.
- Transcript - Displays the learner's personal summary of training they are enrolled in, their certificates, and their skills.
- CEUs - Provides information about the learner's CEUs - earned and planned.
- Leaderboard - Displays the ranking of learners in a tenant, based on the total number of earned CEUs, training completed, and achieved certificates.
By default, the LMS365 app will open on the Dashboard tab and display the Training section of My Training Dashboard.
Each individual training in the Dashboard tab is presented in a training card. Each training card has a vertical ellipsis menu and several action icons depending on the training type and settings.
From the card you can:
- Tap the training title or the arrow icon to go to the training page and view the training description, information, sessions (for session-based training types), and content (for training plans, courses). An information icon (an exclamation mark in a circle) will be available from session-based training and will open the training on the session information page.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis on the training card to see the available actions which is depending on the course type and settings, but can be: for courses - View Course, Cancel Request, Session Details, Unenroll from Course, for training plans - View Training Plan, List of Courses, Cancel Request, Unenroll from Training Plan.
The Notifications tab
The Notifications tab displays all notifications the user has received in the last month and has two sections: All and Unread notifications.
- Notification settings are configured by course catalog admins in the LMS365 Admin Center.
- Only notifications that you receive as a learner or instructor are displayed in the All and Unread sections.
- Users without mailboxes (unlicensed users) will receive notifications inside the LMS365 mobile app.
- If the mobile app is in offline mode and the user taps a course title, a message will notify the user that notifications aren't available in offline mode (only courses that the user has downloaded can be opened in the offline mode).
When users are logged in to the LMS365 app, they will receive push notifications. If users are logged in to the LMS365 mobile app on several devices, they will receive notifications on all the devices.
Push notifications can be disabled by users in the app settings.
All notifications are presented in cards. Unread notifications will have a mark - a small circle of the same color as the main theme color - at the top left corner of the notification card.
The notification card will display the notification subject (for example, enrollment to the course or instructor assignment), the date of the notification, and a part of the notification content.
From the notification card you can:
- Mark the notification as read/unread by tapping the letter icon.
- Delete the notification by tapping the bin icon. Deletion of a notification will have no confirmation message and can't be undone.
Tap the notification card to open the notification and see the full information and any links that the notification includes. From this view, users can tap the vertical ellipsis icon at the top right corner to see three available actions: mark the notification as unread, delete the notification, or open the training.
The search box in the Notifications tab (both in the All and Unread sections) allows users to find specific notifications among the displayed notification list.
The search runs on the subject and body of the notification. Search results are saved after the page has been refreshed or the user has switched to another tab or section. Tapping the cross in the Search field will reset the notifications filter.
The Settings tab
The Settings tab displays the user avatar and username. Below this, there are three blocks with information and actions: Synchronization Settings, Automatically Delete Courses, and Account.
At the bottom of the Settings tab, users can see which application version they are using.
Synchronization Settings - Displays the date and time of the last synchronization and allows the user to manually synchronize with the web version of LMS365. Opposite of Online, the user will see Yes/No depending on the internet connection and synchronization with the server.
Automatically Delete Courses - Displays two available options:
- Completed Downloaded Courses - If enabled, all completed downloaded courses will be automatically deleted by the system.
- Ended Downloaded Courses - If enabled, all ended downloaded courses will be automatically deleted by the system.
Account - Provides learners with the following options:
- Select the language they'd like the LMS365 mobile app to be displayed in. The default language is configured by the course catalog admin in the LMS365 Admin Center.
- View the Information Page.
- Logout from the LMS365 mobile app. A confirmation message will appear to notify the user that once they are signed out, they will not be able to access the downloaded training without an internet connection.
After users have signed out, the system will remember the user’s login name. Therefore, next time the user signs in, they will only be asked to choose the relevant service address and enter their password.
- Quickly send diagnostic report to AppCenter in case of need.
- Current application version.