The LMS365 mobile app allows training via mobile phones. Learners are offered quick access to courses and training plans and a personalized experience. Learning can be consumed online as well as offline.
This article provides an overview of the main LMS365 mobile app tabs - Catalog, Dashboard, Notifications, and Settings - as well as the online and offline usage of the LMS365 mobile app.
Main mobile app tabs
The main tabs of the LMS365 mobile apps are displayed in the bottom of the screen in the following sections: Catalog, Dashboard, Notifications, and Settings. When opening the mobile app, you will be automatically redirected to the Dashboard tab.
The Catalog tab
The Catalog tab is the mobile version of the Course Catalog and displays all published courses and training plans in a course catalog. From this tab, you can switch between available course catalogs from a selector placed in the top of the screen.
Please be aware: You will need to be added to the Owners/Members/Visitors/Administrators/Learners group(s) on the site where the course catalog is installed in order to be able to select it from the selector.
To navigate between available course catalogs, tap the collapse/expand menu in the header in the top of the screen. Scroll the course catalog list and select the relevant course catalog.
The list of available published courses and training plans refreshes automatically and displays the training from the selected course catalog. If the Show Rating option is enabled, you will see the highest ranked courses and training plans (depending on their rating) in the top of the list of courses and training plans.
To easily find relevant training, use the Search field. The Search field will show training that has the search words in the title, the short/long description, in categories, tags, and contacts.
You can also narrow down results by employing the filter which is placed in a panel that folds out when activated in the top right corner of the screen.
The filter enables you to filter by:
- Categories. The total amount of training with the same category is displayed in the brackets next to the category. If there are more than five categories, tap Show more to see all of them in the filter panel.
- Course type - e-Learning, Classroom & Blended Training, Webinar, or Training Plan.
- Date of course session(s). Set a start and end date to sort Classroom & Blended Training and Webinar courses by start and end dates of the course sessions of these courses (courses without sessions will not be shown as a result of this filtered). As they have no sessions, e-Learning courses can't be sorted using this filter.
After you have entered a value in the Search field or you have selected a filtering option, the Reset button will appear next to each filtering section. Reset All will be available in the bottom of the panel. Resetting will allow you to reset a particular section of the filter panel, or all filters including the Search field.
Please be aware: Filter settings will be applied until you reset them or until you close the LMS365 app.
To close the filter panel, tab the filter icon in the top right corner of the screen or tap in any place outside the panel.
Courses and training plans are listed in the course catalog in training cards. From a training card you can go to the training in question by tapping the arrow icon. You can also view detailed information about the training by tapping on the information icon (an exclamation mark in a circle).
If the Detailed View option is enabled the following information may be displayed on the training card (depending on the training type and settings) - training type, duration, start and end dates, location, contacts, and description.
For the Classroom & Blended Training and Webinar course types additional information will be displayed:
- Start Date field displays the start date of the course session. If a course has more than one session, ‘Multiple Dates’ value will be displayed.
- Location field displays the course session location. If a course has more than one course session, ‘Multiple locations’ value will be displayed.
Please be aware: If the Detailed View option is disabled the information icon will redirect you to the training page.
The Dashboard tab
The Dashboard tab is the mobile version of My Training Dashboard.
In the Dashboard tab, you will find a menu on top of the screen from where you can select to see the sections of My Training Dashboard, the admin has made available from the mobile view.
These can be:
Overview - Provides relevant information on current and upcoming training and is divided into two subsections: My Team’s Training Status (available for line managers only) with an overview of line manager team's progress as well as individual team members’ progress and My Training Status with an overview of the learner's own progress.
- Training - Provides information on the courses and training plans the learner is enrolled into (planned, in progress, and completed).
- Certificates - Provides an overview of all the learner's certificates.
- Competencies - Displays all the learner's competencies with levels, achievement, and revocation dates.
- Transcript - Displays the learner's personal summary of training they are enrolled into, their certificates, and their competencies.
- CEUs - Provides information about the learner's CEUs - earned and planned.
- Leaderboard - Displays the ranking on learners in a tenant based on the total number of earned CEUs, training completed, and achieved certificates.
By default, the LMS365 app will open on the Dashboard tab and display the Training section of My Training Dashboard.
Each individual training in the Dashboard tab is presented in a training card. Each training card has a three-dot menu and several action icons depending on the training type and settings.
From the card you can:
- Tap the training title or the arrow icon to go to the training page and view the training description, information, sessions (for session-based training types), and content. An information icon (an exclamation sign in a circle) will be available from session-based training and open the training on the session information page.
- Tap the three dots on the training card to see the available actions which is depending on the course type and settings, but can be: View Course, Session Details, Unenroll from Course.
The Notifications tab
The Notifications tab displays all notifications the user has received in the last month and has two sections: All and Unread notifications.
Please be aware:
When users are logged into the LMS365 app, they will receive push notifications. If users are logged into the LMS365 mobile app on several devices, they will receive notifications on all of them.
Please be aware: Push notifications can be disabled by users in the app settings.
All notifications are presented in cards. Unread notifications will have a mark - a small circle of the same color as the main theme color - in the top left corner of the notification card.
The notification card will display the notification type (for example, enrollment to the course or instructor assignment), the date of the notification, and a part of the notification content.
From the notification card you can:
- Mark the notification as read/unread by tapping the letter icon.
- Delete the notification by tapping the bin icon.
Please be aware:
- Tab the notification card to open the notification and see the full information and links the notification includes. From this view, you can tap the three dots in the top right corner to see three available actions: Mark the notification as unread, delete the notification, or open the training.
The search box in the Notifications tab (both in the All and Unread sections) allows users to find notification among the displayed notifications.
Please be aware: The search runs on the subject and body of the notification. Search results are saved after the page has been refreshed or you have switched to another tab or section. Tap the cross in the Search field to reset the notifications filter.
The Settings tab
The Settings tab displays the user avatar and user name. Below this there are three blocks with information and actions: Synchronization Settings, Automatically Delete Courses, and Account.
In the bottom of the Settings tab, you can see the application version you are using.
Synchronization Settings - Displays the date and time of the last synchronization and allows the user to manually synchronize with the web version of LMS365. Opposite Online, you will see Yes/No depending on the internet connection and synchronization with the server.
Automatically Delete Courses - Displays two available options:
- Completed Downloaded Courses - If enabled, all completed downloaded courses will be automatically deleted by the system.
- Ended Downloaded Courses - If enabled all ended downloaded courses will be automatically deleted by the system.
Account - Provides learners with the following options to:
- Select the language the LMS365 mobile app will be displayed in. The default language is configured by the course catalog admin in the LMS365 Admin Center.
- View the Information Page.
- Quickly go to the LMS365 Help Center and see the LMS365 mobile app documentation or contact the LMS365 support team.
- Logout from the LMS365 mobile app. A confirmation message will notify that while the user is signed out, they will not be able to take the downloaded training without an internet connection.
Please be aware: After users have signed out, the system will remember the users' login name. Therefore, next time users sign in, they will only be asked to choose the relevant service address and enter their password.