The Settings section of My Training Dashboard enables LMS admins to show or hide sections on the left-side navigation menu of My Training Dashboard, and add relevant links to it, therefore controlling which sections of the dashboard will be available for users.
This article describes how to manage the left-side navigation of My Training Dashboard.
Configure the display of sections
Required role: LMS admin
From the Settings section of My Training Dashboard, you can show or hide sections and add, edit, or delete relevant links to control the navigation elements of the left-side navigation of My Training Dashboard.
- Only users with the LMS admin role can see and configure the Settings section on My Training Dashboard.
- The display order of the sections on My Training Dashboard can't be changed.
- Changes are applied for all users in the course catalog.
- All changes to the Settings of My Training Dashboard are applied to and affect only the page where the My Training Dashboard web part is added. For example, this means that if you employ My Training Dashboard in both Microsoft Teams and Microsoft SharePoint, you'll have to make changes in both places in order to deliver the same experience across the applications.
To configure the display of sections, follow these steps:
1. On My Training Dashboard, select the Settings icon.
2. On the opened Settings panel, choose the sections you want to show or hide on the left-side navigation of My Training Dashboard by selecting or clearing the checkboxes next to the relevant sections.
The following sections can be managed from the Settings section:
In the LMS365 app in Microsoft Teams, the Leaderboard section is turned off by default. You can enable it in the Settings section of My Training Dashboard in Teams. Changes made to My Training Dashboard in Teams will be applied for all users and all My Training Dashboard web parts in the tenant's Teams application.
The following options are greyed out and can't be managed from the Settings section for the following reasons:
- The Training section is a default section of My Training Dashboard and can't be hidden from the left-side navigation.
- The Assessments section can't be hidden from My Training Dashboard and is displayed in the navigation menu only to users who are assigned as supervisors.
- The display of Line Manager Dashboard is controlled via LMS365 Global Settings > LMS Configuration.
Find information about each section of My Training Dashboard in this article.
3. Select Save. To cancel the action, select Cancel.
Add and manage additional links
Required role: LMS admin
You can add, edit, and delete the additional links on the left-side navigation of My Training Dashboard.
Added links will be displayed to users on the left-side navigation of My Training Dashboard.
To add links to the left-side navigation, follow these steps:
1. From the Settings section of My Training Dashboard, select Add + to the right of Relevant Links.
2. On the opened Add link panel, complete the Title and Site URL fields.
- The site URL should start with http://www or https://www.
- You can add up to three links to the left-side navigation.
3. Select Add to save the changes. Select Cancel to discard.
4. On the Settings panel, select Save or Cancel.
To edit a link:
1. Select the relevant link in the Settings panel.
2. On the opened Edit link panel, edit the information in the Title or the Site URL fields.
3. Select Update to save the changes. Select Cancel to cancel the action.
To delete a link:
1. On the Settings panel, select the X icon to the right of the relevant link.
2. Select Save or Cancel.