It may be necessary for catalog and course admins to change training plan settings, update training plan information, or delete the training plan. This can all be achieved via the Training Plan Management panel.
This article provides information about the settings and tools available from the Training Plan Management panel.
Where to start
You can find the Training Plan Management panel in the following ways:
- In the LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > select the relevant training plan (indicated by the folder icon). The Training Plan Management panel opens on the right-hand side of the LMS365 Admin Center.
- On the training plan home page, select the Training Plan Management link. The Training Plan Management panel opens on the right-hand side of the training plan home page.
The Training Plan Management panel
The Training Plan Management panel provides the following action links:
- View Training Plan
- Edit Training Plan
- Manage Training Plan Settings
- Manage People
- Email Learners
- Approve Enrollments
- Training Plan Progress
- Manage Rating
- Manage Courses
- Create training plan copy (available for catalog admins only)
- Manage notifications
- Copy course across catalogs (available for catalog admins only)
- Delete training plan
View Training Plan
The View Training Plan action link redirects you to the training plan home page, where you can view how the training plan description, information, and content is presented to users.
Edit Training Plan
The Edit Training Plan action link redirects you to the training configuration panel, opened on the Basic details section. This is where you can edit basic training plan settings, and the thumbnail and banner images.
You can navigate between training plan sections to make relevant changes. You don't need to save changes when navigating between sections. Saving is necessary only before you close the training plan configuration panel.
After you've made the relevant changes, you can:
- Select Save to save changes and stay in training plan configuration mode, enabling you to make further changes.
- Select Save and close to save changes and close the training plan configuration panel.
Manage Training Plan Settings
The Manage Training Plan Settings action link redirects you to the Settings section of the training plan configuration panel. Here, you can introduce relevant changes to training plan settings.
When you edit the Certificate expiry settings, the new expiry date will be applied to certificates that will be awarded in the future. It won't influence the expiration date of previously issued certificates.
When you edit the Skill revocation settings, the new revocation date will be applied to skills that will be granted in the future. It won't influence the revocation date of previously granted skills.
The Skill revocation option inherits the certificate expiry date settings (if set). To set a specific revocation date for skills, disable the Certificate expiry option or configure it in such a way that it matches the settings you want to apply for skill revocation.
The Manage People action link redirects you to the People section of the training plan configuration panel. Here, you can manage the learners and admins of the training plan.
The Email Learners action link redirects you to the Email Learners panel. Here, you can see the learners who are enrolled in the training plan and send email messages to them.
You can filter the view to find the relevant learners:
- From the All statuses drop-down list, select the relevant option to filter the learners: Not started, In progress, and Completed. The default value is All statuses.
- From the All drop-down list, filter by Overdue or Not Overdue. The default value is All.
- Select any column title to sort the displayed information in alphabetical order (ascending A-Z or descending Z-A) or in numerical order (ascending or descending).
To send an email to learners:
1. From the list of enrolled users on the Email Learners panel, select the relevant learners. To select all the learners, select the checkbox next to the Name column heading.
2. From the opened Actions panel, select Send Email Message. The Send Email Message panel opens.
If none of the selected learners have an email address registered with their account, the Send Email Message option is disabled.
3. On the Send Email Message panel, complete the Subject and Body fields.
In the Subject field, enter the subject of your email message, which is displayed as the message title.
In the Body field, enter the text of the message. By default, the link to the training plan home page is included in the message body. You can edit or delete the default information.
A rich text editor is available, using which you can insert media, images, or files from your local computer, to enrich the course description. You can expand the text field by selecting the Fullscreen icon in the rich text editor. This gives you more space when you're working with the text.
For customers with an LMS365 Professional or Select subscription, the rich text editor includes the spell check, accessibility checker, and PowerPaste features.
4. Select Send to send the message.
If one or more of the selected learners don't have an email address registered for their account, a warning message informs you that the email won't be sent to them. In this case, you can Cancel or Confirm that you want to send the email to learners who have a registered email address.
Sending the same email to a large number of recipients can increase the risk of your message being rejected, or categorized as less important or even as junk email by email clients and spam filters.
If the email address of one or more learners is misspelled or doesn't exist, a warning email is sent to the connected email account, informing them that some of the selected learners won't receive the email.
The Approve Enrollments action link redirects you to the Approve Enrollments page, which shows all the enrollment requests for the training plan: pending approval, enrolled, rejected, and cancelled. By default, the Approve Enrollments panel opens with the Pending Approval enrollment requests preselected.
Training Plan Progress
The Training Plan Progress action link redirects you to the training plan progress dashboard and report, where you can get an overview of learners' progress with the selected training plan. Here, you can download this information to your local device as a report.
The Manage Rating action link redirects you to an overview of training plan ratings. Here, you can manage ratings and export this information to Excel.
The Manage Courses action link redirects you to the Courses section of the training plan configuration panel, where you can manage the courses included in the training plan.
If a course that forms part of a training plan is deleted from the course catalog, the course will be automatically deleted from the training plan. If the deleted course was the first one displayed in the training plan, the next course in the list will be automatically unlocked (if it was previously locked).
Create training plan copy
Required role: catalog admin.
With the Create training plan copy action, you can create a copy of an existing training plan within the current catalog. This is particularly helpful if you manage a large number of training plans and want to quickly create new training plans that have similar settings but vary slightly in terms of content.
Find detailed information about how to create a copy of a training plan see in this article.
The Manage notifications action enables you to define the notifications you want to send for a specific training plan. This will help you to reduce the number of unwanted training plan notifications that are sent.
Find detailed information about how to manage notifications at training plan level in this article.
Copy course across catalogs
Required role: catalog admin.
Although this option is available, it isn't possible to copy training plans across catalogs. Only e-learning and instructor-led training courses can be copied across catalogs.
If you select this option, it won't be possible to save the changes and complete the process.
Find detailed information about how to copy courses across catalogs in this article.
Delete training plan
To delete a training plan:
1. In the LMS365 Admin Center, select Training Management. The Training Management page opens, where you can see all the courses and training plans in the catalog.
2. On the Training Management page, select the training plan you want to delete.
3. On the opened Training Plan Management panel, select Delete training plan. A confirmation message informs you that the training plan, as well as the learner and course admin groups of the training plan, will be deleted.
4. In the confirmation message, select the I am aware that this action cannot be undone checkbox then select Delete. To cancel the deletion, select Cancel.
Courses included in the training plan won't be deleted.