In this guide, we will provide an overview of the user interfaces, learners meet when accessing training in LMS365.
How learners access learning
As a learner, you have different access points into learning in LMS365. All access points can be reached from both Microsoft SharePoint/web pages, from Microsoft Teams, and from the LMS365 mobile app.
These access points are made up of the Home page, My Training Dashboard, the Course Catalog, the Course Home Page, and the Training Plan Home Page. These are all interfaces the learner meets when accessing training in LMS365.
The Home Page
Every Course Catalog includes a home page. This page is the default page rendered by the SharePoint site upon creation. This page is often used to highlight new training plus news and stories that are relevant for the training in your organization.
If the page is set up like this, users can navigate from this page to highlighted training, to My Training Dashboard, or to the Course Catalog.
My Training Dashboard
Perhaps you are looking to get an overview of your training progress and status, and the training progress and training of your team. This can be done from the My Training Dashboard where you can also take up and continue with training.
The My Training Dashboard provides users with a personalized overview of training they are enrolled into, training progress, and transcripts. Line Managers can view the progress of their team and individual team members.
Administrators can decide which information to show in the left navigation of the dashboard by turning on/off sections from the left-navigation menu.
In the left-navigation menu of the dashboard, users can navigate between different sections to find detailed information about their training.
- The Overview section sums up the user's progress with detailed information about training activity shown in charts. Line Managers can get at overview of the training status of their team from this section.
- The Training section shows the training the user is enrolled into.
- The Certificates & Competencies section provides an overview of the Certificates & Competencies the user has earned and the status of these.
- From the Transcript section, users can see their personal status on training, certificates, and competencies.
- The CEUs section provides the user with an overview of earned and planned CEUs.
- The Leaderboard section displays ranking of learners from the whole tenant based on the total number of earned CEUs, training completed, and certificates earned.
- The Line Manager Dashboard section is only available and visible for line managers. From this section line managers can observe and manage training activity of their subordinates.
- Back to Classic Look enables users to switch back and forth between the new and the classic look of My Training Dashboard.
- In the Personal Preferences section, users can enable LMS365 notifications in Microsoft Teams.
- The Settings section is only visible for course administrators. This section allows the admin to turn on/off sections of the left-navigation menu and, hereby, control which sections of the dashboard that should be available to users.
The Course Catalog
The Course Catalog will provide an overview of all published courses and training plans in a Course Catalog. An organization can have several Course Catalogs.
The Course Catalog is a good place to start the learning experience for the learner who would like to discover and get an overview of available training.
If the 'Selector Switch’ option is enabled, the learner can switch between two views of the Course Catalog: Card View and List View.
If the ‘Highest Ranked Courses’ option is enabled in the Course Catalog Settings, the most popular courses/training plans will be highlighted in a separate category.
Please be aware: Training in the Course Catalog are displayed to users according to their roles. This means, if users are not present in any course or training plan group (Learners; Administrators; Visitors), the training will not be shown to them in the Course Catalog. Course Catalog administrators see all training in the Course Catalog.
Clicking on the card or item area (depending on the view), you can see detailed information about the course or training plan.
In the opened details callout, you can switch between tabs to see a list of learning modules included, course sessions (for Classroom & Blended and Webinar course types), and courses with the description (for training plans).
You can click the View Course/View Training Plan button to go to the Course/Training Plan Home Page.
If filters are enabled, learners can filter courses and training plans by category, course type, and course session dates. The number of courses/training plans that correspond to the set filtering will be displayed in brackets next to the category/course type title.
Select categories/course types to see the relevant courses/training plans.
Using the Course Session(s) Dates filter you can set start and end date period of the course sessions (start and end dates of the course session should fall in the set period).
If there are no active course sessions for any courses, this filter is hidden. E-learning courses cannot be sorted using this filter.
The Course Home Page
Often, learners will start the learning experience from the Course Home Page. Perhaps your manager enrolled you into a course. You click the course enrollment notification you received, either by email or in Microsoft Teams, and you are directed to the Course Home Page where you can start engaging with the training.
On the Course Home Page, learners see all course information such as course description, learning modules, sessions, etc.
Behind the scenes, the information is displayed by the LMS365 Course Homepage web part that features:
- Course Description - the long course description specified during the course creation (or short description if the long one has not been specified).
- Course Information - course related information such as Category, Type, Duration, ID, etc. and Contact(s) to easily send a message to the contact person.
- Learning progress- shows the learner's progress on the course and the date of enrollment.
- Training plans with this course - shows all the training plans this course is a part of:
- Learning Modules - a list of modules that are included in the course (if no modules are available for the course, this section is not seen).
- Course Sessions - displays information about course sessions (only for Classroom & Blended Training and Webinar course types).
For session-based courses with enrollment into a single session, the learner can select the needed session to enroll into this. After this, only information about this session will be displayed on the Training Home Page.
After you select a session the Enroll to course button will become clickable.
For session-based courses with enrollment into all course sessions, information about all session will be shown in the web part. For courses with 10 and more sessions the Show more button is displayed automatically, click to see the list of all course sessions.
If the course has no active course sessions, the following message will be displayed instead of information:
The Table of Content is displayed for each module. To view it, click the title:
The learner can press the play icon to start on-demand learning.
When learners complete a course, they will see the following message on the course site:
If learners have been granted a certificate for the course completion, they will be able to download it.
|Please be aware: The certificate image can change its color to yellow, if the certificate is about to expire, or to red, if is has expired.|
The Training Plan Home Page
The use case around the Training Plan Home Page is similar to the scenario for usage of the Course Home Page. Learners typically start the learning experience from the Training Plan Home Page when they have been enrolled into a training plan. Perhaps they click the training plan enrollment notification they have received, either by email or in Microsoft Teams, and are directed to the Training Plan Home Page where they can start engaging with the training.
On the Training Plan Home Page, learner find all training plan information such as training plan description, courses in the training plan, etc.
Like for the Course Home Page, this information is displayed on the Training Plan Home Page by the LMS365 Course Homepage web part that features:
- Training Plan Description - the long training plan description specified during the course creation (or short description if the long one has not been specified).
- Information – training plan related information such as Category, Type, Duration, Training Plan ID, CEUs, Credits, etc.
- Learning progress- shows the learner's progress on the training plan and the date of enrollment.
- Training Plan Courses – courses that are included in this training plan, their type and statuses:
- Not Started status – means the learner has not started any courses included in the training plan.
- Progress status – means the learner has started at least one course included in the training plan.
- Completed status – means the learner has completed all courses required for training plan completion.
- Failed – means the learner has failed or is out of attempts to complete one course included in the training plan.
Courses, that cannot be unlocked before the previous course has been completed, or courses that are locked because the user is not enrolled into the course or the course is not published yet, are shown with a lock in the training plan:
|Please be aware: Learner will not see Training Plan Courses for ended or unpublished training plans.|
After enrollment, the learner can enter the training plan content. Inside the training plan content, the learner can navigate between the different courses of the training plan.
When learners complete a training plan, they will see the following message in the Learning Progress section on the Training Plan Homepage.
If learners have been granted a certificate for the training plan completion, they are able to download it.
|Please be aware: The download certificate icon can change its color to yellow if the certificate is expiring or to red if it has expired.|
Learners can retake a Training Plan if the certificate has expired or is about to expire, or if the Course Administrator has enabled the learner to retake completed training also when the certificate or competency is still valid.
For detailed information om the retake of courses and training plans, please see Course/Training Plan Retake.