LMS365 has an option for admins to control the enrollment flow for courses and training plans. This option helps course admins to regulate the number of students in a training and to control the list of participants. Depending on the selected enrollment flow there will be differences in the enrollment procedure.
In this guide, we will describe the different types of enrollment flows and how to manage these.
Enrollment flow types
LMS365 includes the following enrollment flow types:
- Automatic Approval
- Line Manager Approval
- Administrator Approval
With Automatic Approval, learners are immediately registered in the training after selecting the enroll button on a training home page.
Line Manager Approval will require the line manager of the learner to approve the enrollment before the learner is enrolled into the training.
Administrator Approval requires the course admin to approve the enrollment before the learner is enrolled into the training.
Where to manage enrollments
To approve or reject enrollments, either:
- Go to the LMS365 Admin Center > select Pending Approval in the navigation bar to open the list of all training with pending approval requests > select a training:
- Select Approve Enrollments from the Course/Training Plan Management panel:
You will see the number of enrollment requests that are pending approval in brackets. Training with pending approval enrollment request also has a red exclamation mark next to its name.
Please be aware: If there are courses or training plans with approve enrollment requests, the Pending Approval link (with the number of requests that wait for approval in brackets) will be displayed on the Course/Training Plan List page.
Please be aware: The Approve Enrollments action is not available for courses of the Classroom & Blended Training and Webinar course types until at least one course session is created for them.
Approve Enrollments panel overview
When you select Approve Enrollments from the Training Management panel, a panel folds out. Here you can manage enrollments.
Per default, only the list of learners with pending approval status is shown. The panel differs slightly from the different course types.
- For e-Learning courses the Pending Approval button is the first in the toolbar, right under the enrollment flow type:
- For Classroom & Blended Training and Webinar courses the Pending Approval button is the second in the toolbar, right the session start date and time information:
- For Training Plans the Pending Approval button is the first in the toolbar, right under the enrollment flow type:
You can employ filters to see, respectively, the list of learners of all enrollment statuses, learners with a pending approval, learners who are enrolled, and learners whose enrollment have been rejected or cancelled (multiple selection is not possible):
The Approve Enrollments panel provides the following information:
Enrollment Flow - displays the training enrollment flow.
Name - Displays learner's name.
Email - Displays learner’s email.
Department - Displays the learner's department (information is taken from the SharePoint User Information List).
Line Manager - Displays users who are specified as Line Managers in Azure Active Directory.
Enrollment Status - Displays the status of the enrollment request:
- Enrolled - The learner has been enrolled in the training.
- Pending Approval - The learner has requested enrollment in the training with either the Line Manager Approval or Administrator Approval enrollment flow, and the enrollment request is awaiting approval.
- Cancelled -The learner has cancelled the enrollment request before it was approved or rejected, or the learner has unenrolled from the training. A tooltip at the cancelled status contains the reason of the cancellation:
- Rejected - The line manager or course admin has rejected the learner’s enrollment request. A tooltip at the rejected status shows the reason of the rejection:
- Last Modified - Date and time when the enrollment request has been modified last (according to the regional settings of the current site).
- Modified by column - Displays the user who has last modified the enrollment request.
Approving/rejecting enrollment requests
Enrollment requests with a Pending Approval status can be approved or rejected. After you select learner(s) from the Approve Enrollments panel, the Approve and Reject buttons will become active.
- To approve the enrollment request, select the checkbox(es) next to the relevant request(s) and select Approve. The enrollment status will be changed to Enrolled and the learner(s) will be enrolled into the course.
- To reject the enrollment request, select the checkbox(es) next to the needed request(s) and select Reject. The Reject Message box will appear. Enter the reason for rejecting the enrollment request and select the Reject button to reject the enrollment request or the Close button to discard the action:
The enrollment status will be changed to Rejected.
Exporting enrollment request information
To export the enrollment requests information to Excel, select the Export to Excel button. An Excel document will automatically be downloaded to your local computer: