The Training Management page provides an overview of all courses and training plans of a course catalog and options for managing these as well as creating new courses and training plans.
In this guide, we will describe the Training Management page, its capabilities and filtering and sorting options. Also Course Management panel and Training Plan Management panel with its training managements options can be reached from the Training Management page.
Where to find the Training Management page
By default, the LMS365 Admin Center opens on the Training Management page with an overview of all courses and training plans of the current course catalog.
Training Management page overview
The Training Management page allows to create new courses and training plans and also shows the list of all courses and training plans of the current course catalog. Courses and training plans have special icons to indicate their training type:
- (a monitor icon) for courses of the e-Learning type.
- (a person in front of the monitor) for courses of the Instructor-Led Training type.
- (a folder icon) for training plans.
The following information is presented on the Training Management page:
- Name – Displays training's name created in the course catalog.
- Visibility - Shows whether the training is set as visible or not shown for learners in the course catalog.
- Course/Training Plan Progress – Clicking this button will open the training progress sidebar.
- Enrolled – Displays number of learners who are enrolled in the training.
- Completed – Displays number of learners who have completed the training.
- Overdue – Displays number of learners who have not completed the training up to the due date or have completed it after the due date came.
- Status – Displays training’s status. It can be as follows:
Published – when the training is published, and its start date is reached.
Unpublished – when the training is not published.
Planned – when the training is published, and its start date is not reached yet.
- Category – Displays training category (if it was set) or the field is empty for the trainings without category.
- Average Rating - Rating is calculated as an average of all received (not hidden) ratings.
Select the training to open the Course Management panel or Training Plan Management panel to view courses/training plans, edit or delete them, manage learners and rating, see training progress, approve enrollments, manage completion sets and other actions.
Training search and filtering
LMS365 provides multiple filtering and sorting options for the Training Management page:
- sorting by any column (except the Status column) is available;
- filtering by type and publishing status:
The default view displays all courses and training plans with all the publishing statuses possible.
Select All - the view that displays all courses and training plans and simplifies the filtering in case you need to include many parameters and its easier just to unselect 1 or 2 then to select 4-5 needed.
To quickly reset the filter select and unselect the Select All box.
Training Type - allows filtering by the type of the training: e-Learning, Instructor-Led Training or Training Plan. Multiple selection is possible.
Publishing Status - allows to filter by the current publishing status of the training:
Published – the view that displays only published courses and training plans.
Unpublished – the view that displays only unpublished and training plans.
Scheduled – the view that displays planned courses and training plans with the start date set in future.
Ended - the view that displays planned courses and training plans with the end date set in past.
- filtering by visibility - you can select the courses and training plans to be displayed: all, not shown or shown in the Course Catalog.
- filtering by category - you select one, multiple, Select All, or No Category categories to quickly find the relevant training.
- Search field - you can use the Search field to search for the relevant training.
Waiting List, Requests for Session(s), Pending Approval, Provisioning
Waiting List (for courses of the Instructor-Led Training type only) is a view that displays the courses with current waiting lists showing the total amount of users added to Waiting List.
Clicking the Waiting List button will open a list of courses of the Instructor-Led Training type that have users in the waiting lists. By default, the Waiting list is sorted by date and time.
Clicking the training will open the Actions sidebar. After selecting user(s) from the list of learners waiting for available places you will see a required Select Session to Enroll field besides the Enroll User in Course or Remove User from Waiting List actions.
There is a possibility to switch between course session’s information using the drop-down filtering in the left corner of the Waiting List page.
To go back to the list of all course, click the Waiting List button once again.
Request(s) for Sessions
Request(s) for Sessions (for courses of the Instructor-Led Training type only) is a view that displays only the courses with existing Requests for Sessions with the total amount of users that sent the requests for session(s).
Selecting the Request(s) for Sessions button will open a list of courses of the Instructor-Led Training type that have requests for session(s).
Select the relevant course from this list.
On the opened Course Management panel, select Request(s) for Sessions.
The Request(s) for Sessions panel opens with the following columns:
Name - Shows the name of the learner, who sent the request for session.
Date & Time - Shows the date and time when the request was sent.
Message - Shows the message sent by the learner.
Select the checkbox near the learner's name (all learners are selected by selecting the Name checkbox) and the Actions panel will open.
On the Actions panel, select the required action:
- Send Email Message
- Delete Request(s) for Sessions
Pending Approval is a view that displays only the courses and training plans with pending approval enrollment request. In brackets with the total amount of users that wait for approval. Such courses also have a red exclamation mark next to its name.
When you select a training with a pending approval enrollment request and from the management panel click Approve Enrollments, by default the list of learners with pending approval status only is shown.
After you select learner(s), the Approve and Reject buttons will become clickable. More information can be found in Approve Enrollments page overview
To go back to the list of all training, click the Pending Approval button once again.
Training Provisioning is a view that displays only the courses and training plans under editing process.
Selecting it you will see the provisioning status.
To go back to the list of all trainings, select the Training Provisioning button once again, or you will be redirected automatically when the training provisioning finishes.
Course Management panel and Training Plan Management panel with its managements actions and options can be reached from the Training Management page > select the relevant training.
To find more about the Course Management panel, please visit 'Courses: editing and managing'.
To find more about the Training Plan Management panel please visit 'Training plans: editing and managing'.