Each course may consist of several learning items and learning modules. The learning modules can, in its turn combine a number of learning module items.
If you would like to get an overview of the progress with different learning items in a course and how each learner is progressing with the individual learning modules of the course, this can be seen from the Manage Course Content page.
This guide gives information on:
- Where to view the general progress with different learning items in a course.
- Individual learner's progress with individual learning modules.
- The possibilities to view and manage learners' progress from this view.
- How to export a report on the learners' progress on a learning module.
General progress with different learning items in a course
If you would like to get an overview of the progress with different learning items in a course, this can be seen from the LMS365 Admin Center > Course Management > Course List > select the relevant course > Manage Course Content.
From this view, you can compare the progress with the different learning items in a course and understand what learning items in the course that are performing well in terms of learner completion and where in the course learners get stuck.
The information is presented in the following columns:
- Name - Title of the learning item.
- Visibility - Marks with a crossed over eye icon if the learning item is hidden for learners in the course.
- Type - Shows the learning item type: Learning Module, Quiz, Content Package, or External App.
- Published - Whether the learning item is published or not.
- Number of Items - The number of elements the learning item consists of.
- Course Completion - Shows whether the learning item is set as a required to complete the course.
- Progress - Shows how learners are progressing with the learning item. Color indicator and percentage will give a quick indication of the progress status.
- Not Started - Means the learning item has not been started by learners yet.
- In Progress - Means learners have started the attempt, but have not completed it.
- Failed – Means learners have failed to complete the last attempt or the learning item itself.
- Completed – Means learners have successfully completed the learning item.
When no learners are enrolled in the course, the progress bar is grey.
Learner's progress with learning modules
To view how individual learners are progressing with a learning module:
1) From the LMS365 Admin Center > Course Management > Course List > select the relevant course > Manage Course Content.
2) Select the relevant learning module from the list. In the Actions panel, select View Learners' Progress.
Information on the currently enrolled learners' progress with the selected learning module will be displayed in the following columns for each enrolled learner:
- Name - Learner’s name.
- Status - Learner’s progress status (Not Started, In Progress, Completed or Failed).
- Completion % - The completion progress of the learner in percentage.
- Completed - Date and time of when the learning module was completed, if the learning module is completed.
You can filter learners by their status - All Statuses, Not Started, In Progress, Failed, and Completed - or use the search field to find results for specific learners.
Selecting a learner > and then View Learner's Progress, you can further understand which content of the learning module the learner has completed.
The View Learner’s Progress action opens the list of learning module items of the learning module in question and the learner’s progress for each of them. The x icon means the learner has failed the learning module item, the check icon means the learner has completed the learning module item, the circle icon means the learner is in progress or has not started the learning module item, the recycle bin icon means the learning module item has been deleted.
How to export learners' progress
To export learners' progress details on the Learning Module, select Export to Excel:
The Excel file with learners’ progress with the learning module will be downloaded to your computer.