This article provides you with an overview of how to build, manage, edit, and delete learning modules using the LMS365 Learning Module Builder.
See where and how to create a new learning module, what types of files that can be part of a learning module, and how to manage learning module content.
Watch the video below or scroll through the article (more details in the article).
Introduction to the Learning Module Builder and learning modules
LMS365 Learning Modules allows you to include documents, videos, SCORM/AICC packages, and other content in courses and organize this content in a selection of learning modules that will divide the training into sequenced learning steps.
The modules will be a part of a course and will appear on the course home page where the learner can get an overview of learning modules in a course and access the learning content within them.
The LMS365 Learning Module Builder is a tool that allows you to create these learning modules and manage the content within them.
Creating Learning Modules
To create a new learning module do the following:
1) In the LMS365 Admin Center > Course List > select the relevant course and on the Course Management panel:
- go to the Manage Couse Content to be redirected directly to the course Content section.
- go to the Edit Course to be redirected to the Basic Details section and then navigate to the Content section of the editing panel.
- go to the Manage Course Settings to be redirected to the Settings section and then navigate to the Content section of the editing panel.
In all of the cases it opens a course editing panel which allows to navigate between the sections in one click.
In the Content section, you can view and manage all already added learning items as well as add or create new.
2) To add a new learning module to a course in the drop-down menu of the Add Learning Item button, select Create Learning Module.
NOTE: The Create Learning Module button is available only for the created courses. During the training creation process this button is disabled.
The Create Learning Module page will open. Fill in the fields, select elements to add to the Learning Module by dragging and dropping them to the Learning Module Editor on the right.
Title and description
Title: Specify the name of the Learning Module.
Description: Specify description of the Learning Module. It will be displayed on the start page.
Publishing status and dates
Published: Means the learning module is available for learners. You will see Yes if the learning module is published in the Published column and No if not.
Start Date: Select date and time when the Learning Module becomes published and available for learners.
End Date: Select date and time for when the learning module will becomes unpublished and unavailable for learners.
Adding content to learning modules
Select the type of content to be added to the learning module and drag it to the Learning Module Editor in the right box on the right side of the page.
When you drag an item to the Learning Module Editor, it is removed from the list of documents. You can drag it back or select the Delete icon to return it. This will not delete the document from the library, but only remove it from the editor field. If you delete an embedded video from the Learning Module editor, it is removed and is not stored.
To reorder the list of added items click on the dots symbol and drag files to the right position.
When you are done with the learning module select Save to save changes or Cancel to discard them.
How to reorder learning modules
In the list of earning items, you can reorder them by clicking the dragging and dragging items to the right position.
Editing learning modules
To edit a learning module, please follow the steps below:
- In the LMS365 Admin Center under Course Management, select Course List, click the required course, and go to Manage Course Content, learning module you want to edit and click Edit Learning Module on the Actions panel.
Proceed with editing the relevant part of the learning module and click Save to save changes.
Editing content items in the Learning Module Editor
You can edit all content of the learning module:
- Go to the editing mode
- To edit Tile and Description, click in the relevant fields.
- With Published On/Off you can unpublish the whole module, make it invisible for learners, and republish whenever required by setting a new date under the Published On mode.
You can edit the learning items in the Learning Module Editor:
- To reorder the items, simply drag and drop.
- Some of the existing learning items can be edited directly inside the Learning Module Editor via the Edit icon. The other items can only be deleted form the Learning Module Editor.
To add new learning items to the learning module, drag and drop them to the Learning Module Editor.
When editing is completed, please save the changes or cancel if you wish to discard your edits.
Hiding learning modules
To hide a learning module:
- Select the needed learning module from the list course content items;
- In the left-side menu select Hide Learning Module action;
- A confirmation message notifying that the item will no longer be visible or available for learners on the course home page or in the syllabus in the course player.
IMPORTANT: If a hidden item is required to progress or complete the course, learners will require help.
For already hidden learning module on the Actions panel, you will see the Make Learning Module Visible option.
Deleting learning modules
You can delete a learning module via the LMS365 Admin Center > Course List > select course > Manage Course Content > select the needed learning module and click Delete Learning Module on the Actions panel.
IMPORTANT: Deleting a learning module cannot be undone.
You will see a confirmation message notifying that you are going to delete a learning module. Click Delete to delete the learning module or Cancel to discard.
Viewing and deleting a learner's progress in a learning module
To view and delete the learner’s progress for a particular learning module, select the relevant learner > and then select the action: View Learner's Progress or Delete Learner's Progress.
TIP: The View Learner’s Progress and Delete Learner’s Progress actions are disabled for learners with the Not Started status.
The View Learner’s Progress action opens a panel where learner's progress for each learning item inside the learning module is shown.
The Delete Learner’s Progress action opens a confirmation message that requires you to confirm the deletion. The deletion cannot be undone.
After the learner's last attempt is deleted, the learner status changes to Not Started.
Learning Module Builder language
The language of the Learning Module Builder can be set and customized in LMS365 Global Settings > Language Files. Please find details of the process in this guide.