Users with the LMS admin role can add or remove LMS and catalog admins, create catalogs (if the LMS admin is also assigned the SharePoint admin role), delete catalogs, edit language files, manage global settings, and configure the Settings section of My Training Dashboard.
The LMS admin role can be assigned to multiple users in your organization.
In this guide, we'll cover how to add LMS admins, unassign this role from users, and send messages to LMS admins in LMS365.
LMS admins won't have permission to manage catalogs until they're also assigned the catalog admin role for the relevant catalog.
Add LMS admins
To add an LMS admin:
1. In the Global Settings, go to LMS Administrators and select +Add LMS admin. The Add LMS admin panel opens.
2. On the Add LMS admin panel, in the Select Users(s) field, select the users to whom you want to assign the LMS admin role. This field is required.
It isn't possible to assign this role to external users.
3. Select whether you want to notify users about their new role. By default, the Notify User(s) option is toggled On and two additional fields are available: Subject and Message. Both are prepopulated with default text, but can be manually changed. Toggle the Notify User(s) option Off if you don't want users to be informed about their new role.
4. Select Save, or Cancel to cancel the action.
If some of the selected users don't have an email address recorded, you'll be informed that these users won't receive the message.
Select Confirm, or Cancel to return to the Add LMS admin panel.
The added LMS admins will be displayed on the LMS Administrators page, which also shows their email addresses, who assigned the role to them, and the date and time they were assigned the role.
Send email messages to LMS admins
To send a message to LMS admins:
1. In the Global Settings, go to LMS Administrators and select the users to whom you want to send an email. To select all the users in the list, select the checkbox next to the Name column heading. The LMS Administrator Management panel opens.
2. On the LMS Administrator Management panel, select Send Email Message. This option is available only for users who have an email address recorded.
3. Two additional fields are displayed: Subject and Message. Complete the fields with the text you want to send to the LMS admins.
4. Select Send to send the email, or Cancel.
Remove the LMS admin role from users
When you remove the LMS admin role from a user, they won't be able to access the Global Settings of LMS365.
To unassign an LMS admin:
1. In the Global Settings, go to LMS Administrators and select the users from whom you want to remove the LMS admin role. The LMS Administrator Management panel opens.
2. On the LMS Administrator Management panel, select Unassign and confirm this action. Unassigned users will lose access to the Global Settings of LMS365.