The LMS administrator role can be provided to several people in your organization.
People with the LMS administrator role will have the same access to LMS365 content and management as the Microsoft 365 global administrator. This means users with this role will be able to edit or delete course catalogs, edit language files, manage licenses and LMS configuration, specify the Mobile configuration as well as to add other LMS administrators.
However, The LMS administrator will not have permissions to manage course catalogs until they are added as a course catalog administrator to the catalog in question.
In this guide, we will cover how you manage and message LMS administrators in LMS365.
Adding new LMS Administrator(s)
NOTE: LMS administrators can only be added to LMS365 by another LMS administrator in LMS365 or by the Microsoft 365 global administrator. No one at LMS365 will have administrator access to your environment and, therefore, can't perform this action.
To add a new LMS Administrator:
1. From Global Settings, select Add LMS Administrator at the top of the page.
2. On the opened Add LMS Administrator sidebar, in the Select Users(s) field, select user(s) to assign the role. This field is required.
It is impossible to select the external users.
3. Select whether to notify the user(s) about assigning the new role or not by dragging the toggle On/Off.
4. Select Save to complete the action. Select Cancel to cancel the action.
If any of the selected users does not have a specified email, you will see a message notifying that these users will not receive the email message.
5. The added LMS administrators will be listed with on the LMS Administrators panel, where the emails, user(s) who assigned them the role, as the date and time of the role assignment is specified.
Sending email messages to the LMS Administrator(s)
To send a message to the LMS Administrator(s):
- Select the relevant users. To select all the users in the list, select the Name checkbox.
- Select the Send Email Message action.
Enter Subject and Message.
Click Send to send the email.
NOTE: The Send Email Message action is available only for users with a specified email.
Unassigning LMS Administrator(s)
To unassign an LMS Administrator:
- Select the relevant users.
- Select Unassign and confirm your action.
IMPORTANT: The unassigned user will lose the access to the Global Settings of LMS365.