The LMS365 user interface contains a large selection of text to help guide admins and users. This text is available in 29 languages for the browser version and 31 languages for the LMS365 mobile app. As well as these languages, customers can implement their own translations of the LMS365 product text for any of the languages supported by SharePoint.
You might want to change the wording of some of the translations, alter the text of some labels, or introduce an entirely new language by customizing all LMS365 product label text. This can be achieved using language files.
In this article, we walk you through how you can add custom text and translations to LMS365.
Add custom text and translations
Required role: LMS admin.
There are two ways to add custom text and translations. Both methods are available from the Global Settings of the LMS365 Admins Center:
1. Go to the Global Settings section > Language Files > select the area of LMS365 for which you want to change the label text: Course Creator, SCORM & AICC Player, Learning Module Builder, Assignment & Gradebook, or Quiz.
The Language page of the relevant area will be displayed.
2. From the Select Language drop-down list, select the relevant language.
Currently, translation is available only for the languages marked with an asterisk (*). Selecting a language that doesn't have an asterisk will display the text in English (United States).
If you select a language that doesn't have an asterisk, you can provide your own translations for the LMS365 product labels if the language is supported by SharePoint.
The language of the LMS admin's browser may be listed at the top of the Select Language drop-down list. This will happen even if the language isn't currently supported by LMS365. Therefore, if the language displayed at the top of the list isn't supported by LMS365 or SharePoint, it shouldn't be selected for the purposes of adding custom text and translations.
The next steps depend on your preferred method for managing translations:
3. Complete the relevant fields with your custom text.
4. Select Save to apply your changes.
3. Select Export to download the language file to your local device as an Excel file.
4. Edit the Excel file by completing the Custom Values column for the relevant labels.
5. Save the Excel file.
6. To upload the language file, from the Language page in the LMS365 Admin Center, select Import and select the edited Excel file from your local computer.
Text from the edited Custom Values column in the imported Excel file will be displayed in the relevant fields, below the original text.
7. Select Save to save the changes.
Text customized in this way will apply to both current course catalogs and any catalogs you create in the future. For current course catalogs, text changes will be applied after reloading the page.
For information on the rules that determine the language in which the LMS365 user interface will be displayed, see this article.