The LMS365 product includes a large selection of text to guide admins and users that is available in different languages. You might want to change the wording on some translation, alter the text of some labels, or introduce an entirely new language by customizing all text of the product labels of LMS365. This can be done by managing the language files.
In this article, we will walk you through how you can customize language files in LMS365.
LMS365 supports learning and development in multilingual organizations by being available in the below list of 22 different languages (24 languages for the LMS365 mobile app).
LMS365 is available in all language that is supported by SharePoint:
- Chinese (simplified)
Moreover, you can select the Traditional Chinese Language, but only for the LMS365 Mobile App.
Adding custom text and translations
To add custom text and translations, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Settings section > Language Files > select the tool for which you would like to change the text of the labels - Course Creator, SCORM & AICC Player, Learning Module Builder, Quiz.
2. Select a language in the Select Language drop-down list:
All supported languages are marked with an asterisk.
3. Type your custom text for each phrase in the Your choice column and click Save:
1. Click Export to save the language file to your computer.
2. Edit the downloaded .xlsx file locally filling in the Custom Values column:
3. Click Import and select the edited language file from your local computer.
4. Translation from the Custom Values column will be displayed in the Your choice column. Click Save to save the translation.
Please be aware: The custom text will be applied to both new and existing Course Catalogs. The text changes will be applied after page reload.
Rules of LMS365 display language
Please be aware: Prerequisite for presenting LMS365 sites in more than one language: alternate language(s) should be chosen in site collection’s Site Settings -> Language settings.
The display language of the Course Catalog, My Training Dashboard, and the LMS365 web parts is the same as the language of the SharePoint site. However, each SharePoint Site has a default language (the one it was created in) besides which you can choose alternative language(s), each user browsing sites can have a preferred profile language, and each browser can have a preferred language. Therefore, the language may depend on the alternative languages of SharePoint as well as on the user's browser settings.
Once alternate language(s) for a site is chosen, the following rules determine the language in which content is displayed to the user:
1. The language preferences stored in the user's profile. (It takes some time before user language preferences are applied after you change them). See how to set personal language here.
2. If no language preference is defined in the user profile, the language preferences stored in the user's web browser are used. (You should reopen the browser session if you change browser language preference). See how to find these preferences.
3. If no language preferences are defined in the user's profile and web browser, the default site language is used.
The language for course notifications is managed under Regional Settings of the SharePoint site the notification belongs to. To view it, navigate to the desired Course > Site contents > Site Settings > Regional Settings > Region > Locale and select the desired language from the Locale dropdown menu. Navigate to the LMS365 Admin Center and the locale will be applied. Perform these actions for all courses that you receive an incorrect notification from.
Language settings for all other notification are transferred from the Course Catalog language settings you applied during creating of the Course Catalog.
Please be aware: It takes time before the language preferences are applied after you have changed them.