The LMS365 product includes a large selection of text to guide admins and users. This text is available in 25 different languages and 27 languages for the LMS365 mobile app. Besides this list of languages, customers can provide their own translations of the LMS365 product text for all languages supported by SharePoint.
You might want to change the wording of some translations, alter the text of some labels, or introduce an entirely new language by customizing all text of the product labels of LMS365. This can be done by managing the language files.
In this article, we will walk you through how you can customize language files in LMS365.
Adding custom text and translations
There are two ways to add custom text and translations.
Both are done from the Global Settings of the LMS365 Admins Center.
1. Go to the Global Settings section > Language Files > and select the tool for which you would like to change the text of the labels: the Course Creator, SCORM & AICC Player, Learning Module Builder, Assignment & Gradebook, or Quiz.
2. Select a language from the Select Language drop-down list.
Translation is currently only available for the languages marked with an asterisk. When selecting a language without an asterisk, you can provide your own translations.
The language of the admin's browser will be listed as the first in the Select Language drop-down list to the admin in question. This will happen even though the language is not translated in or supported by LMS365. Therefore, if the first language in the list is not translated in or supported by LMS365, it should not be selected when adding custom text and translations.
3. In the Your choice column, type your custom text for each phrase.
4. Select Save to apply your customization.
3. Select Export to download the language file to your computer.
4. Edit the downloaded .xlsx file by filling in the Custom Values column.
5. Select Import and select the edited language file from your local computer.
6. Translation from the Custom Values column will be displayed in the Your choice column. Select Save to save the translation.
The custom text will be applied to both new and existing course catalogs. The text changes will be applied after page reload.
For information on the rules that determine which languages LMS365's user interface will be displayed in, please see this article.