LMS365 enables users to learn, and admins to create and manage training, from the context of Microsoft Teams. Most LMS365 features are available from the place where many users work every day.
In this article, we'll describe the limitations when using LMS365 in Microsoft Teams.
Currently, the LMS365 features that differ between SharePoint and Microsoft Teams are:
1. The Chat tab search is limited to the first 100 catalogs to which you have access, ordered by title. Using the Catalog tab, you can open the relevant catalog.
2. In the My Assignments section on the course home page, the add, edit, and manage assignments options are unavailable for course admins in Microsoft Teams. The option to go to the gradebook is also unavailable.
3. The actions in the Assignments section of the course home page aren't available in Microsoft Teams.
4. Themes aren't applied.
5. Learning in Microsoft Teams runs inside the LMS365 app so the setting to open learning content, for example content packages or external apps, "in new window" isn't available when taking training in Microsoft Teams.
6. The following links and options open in a browser window:
- Help Center link in the Help section of the LMS365 Admin Center navigation menu.
- View Course Catalog in the Actions panel when selecting a catalog in the Course Catalog Management page.
- View Course on the Course Management panel.
- View Training Plan on the Training Plan Management panel.
- Create New and Go to Learning Module Documents links in the Document library of the learning module configuration panel. This happens because all documents used in learning modules are stored in a document library at the root of the catalog, with a separate folder for each training.
Any of the documents selected from the Document library box when configuring learning modules also open a browser window.
- View Content Package on the Actions panel of any content package added to a course.
- View learner's attempt on the Actions panel when selecting a content package > View Learners' Details > selecting a learner with the In Progress or Completed status.
7. The following links and options are disabled for the LMS365 app in Microsoft Teams:
- Connecting an email account in Notifications > Microsoft 365 Connection Settings can't be done via Microsoft Teams. An email account is used for email delivery and the booking of Office 365 rooms. The admin should configure the account via a browser window. You can disconnect the account in Microsoft 365 Connection Settings in Microsoft Teams but to re-establish the connection, you'll need to go to the browser version of LMS365.
- The Purge Learners Records option that enables the removal of a person's information and records of actions in the catalog is disabled in Microsoft Teams.