LMS365 enables users to learn, and admins to create and manage training, from the context of Microsoft Teams. Almost all the features of LMS365 are available from the place many users work every day.
However, there are a few limitations to the use of LMS365 in Microsoft Teams. In this article, we'll list these limitations.
Currently, the features of LMS365 that differ between SharePoint and Microsoft Teams are as follows:
1. The Chat tab search is limited to the first 100 catalogs you have access to, ordered by title. In the Catalog tab, you can open the specific catalog you're looking for.
2. For the My Assignments section on the course home page, the add, edit, and manage assignments, as well as go to the gradebook from the My Assignments section on the course home page, are missing for course admins in Microsoft Teams.
3. The actions in the Assignments section on the course home page aren't available in Microsoft Teams.
4. Themes aren't applied.
5. Learning in Microsoft Teams runs inside the LMS365 app for the Microsoft Teams tab, so the setting to open learning content, for example content packages or external apps, "in new window" isn't available when taking training in Microsoft Teams.
6. The following links and options open in a browser window:
- Help Center link in the Help section of the LMS365 Admin Center navigation menu.
- View Course Catalog in the Actions panel when selecting a catalog in the Course Catalog Management page.
- View Course on the Course Management panel.
- View Training Plan on the Training Plan Management panel.
- Create New and Go to Learning Module Documents links in the Document library of the learning module configuration panel. This is because all documents used in learning modules are stored in a document library at the root on the catalog, with a separate folder for each training.
Any of the added documents selected from the Document library box during learning module configuration opens a browser window as well.
- View Content Package on the Actions panel of any content package added to a course.
- View learner's attempt on the Actions panel when selecting a content package > View Learners' Details > selecting a learner with In Progress or Completed status.
7. The following links and options are disabled for the LMS365 app in Microsoft Teams:
- Connecting an email account in the Notifications > Microsoft 365 Connection Settings can't be done via Microsoft Teams. An email account is used for email delivery and booking Office 365 rooms and the admin should configure it via a browser window. You can disconnect the account in Microsoft 365 Connection Settings in Microsoft Teams, but to re-establish the connection you need to go to the LMS365 browser version.
- The Purge Learners Records option that enables the removal of all information and records of actions of a person in the catalog is disabled in Microsoft Teams.
Article is closed for comments.