In this article, we provide you with an overview of the Enrollment Deadline option for session-based training. This option helps administrators and instructors avoid last-minute sign-ups and enables instructors to take the number of attendees into consideration when planning sessions.
Understand the opportunities the option provides, see how it affects the learner's capabilities, and find out how to manage the Enrollment Deadline function.
What is the Enrollment Deadline option?
Enrollment Deadline is an option that allows the course admin to set the date and time after which learners will be unable to self-enroll into a session. This option provides the registration end date and does not affect the admin's capabilities to manage learner enrollment or waiting list behavior.
The Enrollment Deadline field is optional and is empty by default.
If you set the Enrollment Deadline, it is displayed on the course home page.
The Enrollment Deadline is displayed depending on the course Enrollment Type:
- The single session enrollment type will display the enrollment deadline under the session information section for each session with the deadline set.
- The all sessions enrollment type will display the enrollment deadline under the general course information.
Managing the Enrollment Deadline
Enrollment Deadline is available only for the Instructor-Led Training course type.
Depending on the course Enrollment Type (a single session enrollment or all sessions enrollment) set during the course creation, the Enrollment Deadline is managed via different panels.
For the single session enrollment type, the Enrollment Deadline field is managed the following way:
1) During course creation or edit, navigate to the Sessions section.
a) If you create a session, in the Create New Course Session panel, fill in the Enrollment Deadline field.
b) To edit the existing session, select the session in the list > Edit Course Session > fill in the Enrollment Deadline field.
For the all sessions enrollment type, the Enrollment Deadline is managed during course creation or editing under the Basic Details course section in the Sessions configuration.
When the Enrollment Deadline is set
When the Enrollment Deadline is set, you can find the notifications on the enrollment deadline on the course panel:
- For courses with the all course sessions enrollment type, in the Sessions and People section.
- For courses with a single course session enrollment type, you can find the notifications on the enrollment deadline for each session separately the following way:
1) In the Sessions section, select the relevant session.
2) On the sessions Actions panel, select Manage Learners and you will be redirected to the People section.
Here, on the People section, you can see the notification on the enrollment deadline set for this session.
When the Enrollment Deadline has passed
If the Enrollment Deadline has passed, learners will be unable to self-enroll into a session.
Admin's possibilities for managing enrollments are not affected by the Enrollment Deadline option.
An explanation message "You cannot enroll because the enrollment deadline has passed" will be displayed on the course home page under the information section if the Enrollment Deadline has passed.
For a single course session enrollment type there will be a notice related to the session with the passed deadline.
For all course sessions enrollment type - the notice relates to the whole course and all sessions in it.