LMS365 offers you a wide selection of tools to administer and configure LMS365.
In this guide, we will show you how you enter the LMS365 Admin Center and configure settings for individual course catalogs as well as global settings of LMS365.
Watch the video below or scroll through the article (more details in the article).
Finding the LMS365 Admin Center
There are several ways to get to the LMS365 Admin Center:
1) As an admin, you will find a gear icon at the top-right of a course catalog. Selecting this icon will lead you to the LMS365 Admin Center.
2) You can add the LMS365 Admin Center link to the SharePoint site navigation for quick access.
3) The Microsoft 365 apps launcher allows you to add apps for fast navigation.
Entering the LMS365 Admin Center, you will land on the area where you administer the current course catalog.
The LMS365 Admin Center toolbar
The LMS365 Admin Center has a toolbar which includes three icons/menu items that are placed to the right at the top of the LMS365 Admin Center. The toolbar includes the following three options:
- Selecting the speech bubble icon, you can view the feed of messages from the LMS365 Team. The same messages are shown in a banner message at the LMS365 Admin Center. When this banner has been read or closed, the message can be found in the feed.
- Selecting the bell icon, you will see the feed of activity notifications related to course and training plan administration. When managing courses and training plans, a pop-up message will provide feedback to the admin in the course of the process and, for example, let the admin know that a course has been successfully saved, that learners have been successfully enrolled, etc. These messages can be found in this feed.
- The question mark icon leads to the LMS365 Help Center.
LMS365 Admin Center - course catalog settings
In the left side, you find a menu of configuration options, that can be collapsed and expanded.
When entering the LMS365 Admin Center, you will land on the Course List. It's located under the Course Management menu item and will show you the list of courses in the current course catalog.
By selecting Create Training you can create a new course.
If you select an individual course, the Course Management panel will appear and provide you with a variety of options to manage the course.
Under the Course List, you will find the Training Plan List. In here, you find and manage all training plans in the course catalog.
By selecting Create Training Plan, you can create a new training plan. Like with courses, select an individual training plan to manage it.
The Reports menu link, located under the Training Plan List link will lead you to a collection of data around courses and learners in the course catalog. These data can be exported from LMS365.
Under Learner Administration, you will find the Learner List. Here, you will see the overview of all learners in the tenant. Selecting a learner, the Learner Administration panel will appear with a variety of options to manage and view progress for the individual user.
Under Manage Content, you find the Manage Quizzes menu item. Here, you will find the Quizzes menu item that provides a list of quizzes created in the current course catalog, and the Question Pools menu item under which you can create question pools to use in quizzes.
Under the Content Package Storage menu item, content packages like SCORM and AICC are kept.
Under Settings, you will find:
- Certificate Templates where you can create new certificates and find an overview of all existing certificates.
- Categories, where you can manage the categories you use to categorize your courses and training plans.
- Tags, where you manage tags used to tag courses and training plans.
- Under Competency Framework, you manage competencies and scale sets.
- Notifications is where you manage the email and Microsoft Teams notifications LMS365 will send out.
- License Information will provide you with an overview of your license information.
- Under LMS Configuration, you can configure course and training plan rating options, how many sessions that will be shown on the course catalog home page, and enrollment flows, manage regional settings, training banner image.
Back to LMS365, Home, and Help Center
The Home menu item will take you to the list of courses as well.
The Back to LMS365 menu item on top of the Home menu item will take you back to the course catalog you came from.
The Help Center menu item will lead you to the LMS365 Help Center where you can find LMS365 documentation and user guides.
LMS365 Admin Center - global settings
As an LMS365 global admin, you can access the global settings that spans all course catalogs from the Global Settings menu item. This menu item will only be available for users with permission to access global settings of LMS365.
NOTE: To make the link to the Global Settings visible in the LMS365 Admin Center, the Microsoft 365 global administrator must accept the permissions requested by LMS365.
In the LMS365 Global Settings area, you can configure and manage course catalogs as well as global settings like languages, the LMS365 mobile app, LMS365 licenses, LMS administrators, course targeting, learner list columns, internal cost currency, line manager settings, API keys, access to learner details, as well as enable new features in preview mode.
By default, only the Microsoft 365 global administrator has permissions to access the global settings.
However, it's possible to assign specific people the LMS administrator role, which will grant these people access to the Global Settings of LMS365.
Submit feedback for this guide.