LMS365 offers you a wide selection of tools to administer and configure LMS365.
In this guide, we will show you how you enter the LMS365 Admin Center and configure settings for individual course catalogs as well as global settings of LMS365.
Watch the video below or scroll through the article (more details in the article).
Finding the LMS365 Admin Center
There are several ways to get to the LMS365 Admin Center:
1) As an admin, you will find a gear icon at the top-right of a course catalog. Selecting this icon will lead you to the LMS365 Admin Center.
2) You can add the LMS365 Admin Center link to the SharePoint site navigation for quick access.
3) The Microsoft 365 apps launcher allows you to add apps for fast navigation.
Entering the LMS365 Admin Center, you will land on the area where you administer the current course catalog.
The LMS365 Admin Center toolbar
The LMS365 Admin Center has a toolbar which includes the course catalog selector and three icons that are placed at the top right of the LMS365 Admin Center. The toolbar includes the following options:
- With help of the course catalog selector, you can select the relevant course catalog to manage and switch between them. Thus, the LMS365 Admin Center will display information related to the selected course catalog. In the course catalog selector, you can see listed only the course catalogs you have permissions to. Selecting All Catalogs, will bring you to the Course Catalog Management page of the Global Settings area.
- Selecting the speech bubble icon, you can view the feed of messages from the LMS365 Team. The same messages are shown in a banner message at the LMS365 Admin Center. When the banner has been read or closed, the message can be found in the feed.
- Selecting the bell icon, you will see the feed of activity notifications related to course and training plan administration. When managing courses and training plans, a pop-up message will provide feedback to the admin in the course of the process and, for example, let the admin know that a course has been successfully saved, that learners have been successfully enrolled, etc. These messages can be found in this feed.
- The question mark icon leads to the LMS365 Help Center.
LMS365 Admin Center - course catalog settings
On the left side of the LMS365 Admin Center, you find a menu of configuration options that can be collapsed and expanded.
When entering the LMS365 Admin Center, you will land on the Training Management panel. Here, you will find the list of courses and training plans of the current course catalog and can perform the following actions:
- To narrow your search of the relevant course or training plan, use the filter. From the Select Filter drop-down list, select the Training Type and/or Publishing Status.
- By selecting Create Training, you can create a new course or training plan. This action will lead you to the Create Training configuration panel where you will proceed with course creation or training plan creation.
- If you select an individual course, the Course Management panel will open with a variety of options to manage the course.
- Like with courses, select an individual training plan to manage it from the Training Plan Management panel.
- The Training Reports link will open the Training Reports panel, where you can configure reports on data around courses and learners in the course catalog. These data can be exported from LMS365.
Selecting Users, the Users panel will open. Here, you can overview and manage all users in the tenant. Selecting a user, the User(s) panel will open with a variety of options to manage and view progress for the individual user.
Under Content, you find the content storage for quizzes, question pools, and content packages.
- Selecting Quizzes, provides a list of quizzes of the current course catalog. From the opened Quizzes panel, you can create and manage quizzes of the current course catalog.
- Selecting Question Pools menu item opens the Question Pools panel, where you can create and manage question pools of the current course catalog.
- Under the Content Package Storage menu item, content packages like SCORM and AICC are kept and managed.
Under Catalog Settings, you will find:
- Certificate Templates where you can create new certificates and find an overview of all existing certificates.
- Categories, where you can manage the categories you use to categorize your courses and training plans.
- Tags, where you manage tags used to tag courses and training plans.
- Under Skills Framework, you Manage Skills settings and Manage Skill Level Sets.
- Notifications is where you manage the email and Microsoft Teams notifications LMS365 will send out.
- License Information will provide you with an overview of your license information.
- Under LMS Configuration, you can configure course and training plan rating options, how many sessions that will be shown on the course catalog home page, enrollment flows, manage regional settings, training banner image, and xAPI configuration.
Back to LMS365 and Help Center
The Back to LMS365 menu item at the top of the menu, will take you to the course catalog home page.
The Help Center menu item will lead you to the LMS365 Help Center where you can find LMS365 documentation and user guides.
LMS365 Admin Center - Global Settings
As an LMS365 global admin, you can access the Global Settings that spans all course catalogs from the Global Settings menu item. This menu item will only be available for users with permission to access Global Settings of LMS365. By default, only the Microsoft 365 global administrator has permissions to access the global settings. However, it's possible to assign specific people the LMS administrator role, which will grant these people access to the Global Settings of LMS365.
To make the link to the Global Settings visible in the LMS365 Admin Center, the Microsoft 365 global administrator must accept the permissions requested by LMS365.
In the LMS365 Global Settings area, you can:
- Create and manage course catalogs from the Course Catalog Management area.
- Manage Language Files.
- Configure the LMS365 mobile app settings selecting the Mobile Configuration link.
- Under the License Information, view and manage the license.
- Manage LMS Administrators.
- Under LMS Configuration, you can manage Users Columns, Access to Learner Details, Course Targeting Internal Cost Currency, Line Management Settings, enable New Features in the preview mode.
- Manage API Keys.