When an organization plans to discontinue their use of LMS365, they'll need to complete some manual steps to uninstall components and delete all their data related to LMS365. This article describes the steps you need to perform to remove LMS365 from the tenant.
- If your organization's LMS365 license isn't extended, then 60 days after it expires, your organization's LMS365 databases are removed automatically and this process can't be undone.
- The deletion of LMS365 doesn't affect your organization's tenant, or the documents, videos, audio files, and personal files stored in the organization's Sharepoint admin center. If you want to delete these files, this should be done manually in your organization's Sharepoint admin center. For information about how to do delete files from the Sharepoint admin center, see this Microsoft article.
Delete the site collections of all LMS365 catalogs
Required role: SharePoint admin.
If you want to remove LMS365 from the tenant, you'll need to manually delete the site collection of each of the catalogs of your LMS365 solution. All courses and training plans in each of the catalogs will also be deleted.
To delete the site collection of an LMS365 catalog, follow these steps:
1. In the SharePoint admin center, under the Sites section, select Active sites.
2. Select the site collection of the catalog you want to remove from the tenant and select Delete in the top menu. The selected site will be moved to Deleted sites under the Sites section.
3. Go to Deleted sites under the Sites section, select the relevant site collection, and select Delete in the top menu. Confirm the action to permanently delete the selected site collection.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 to remove the site collections of all your LMS365 catalogs.
Delete LMS365 apps from the SharePoint App Catalog
Required role: SharePoint admin.
The SharePoint App Catalog is a special site collection that holds all apps and enables Microsoft 365 global admins to make custom apps available to users in their organization. If you want to remove LMS365 from your tenant, then the following apps should be deleted from the SharePoint App Catalog:
- The LMS365 Application Manager app (LMS365.AccessApp)
- The LMS365 SPFX packages (LMS365 Modern Experience app)
For more information about these apps, see this article.
To delete the LMS365.AccessApp and LMS365 apps, follow these steps:
1. In the SharePoint admin center, in the More features section, select Open under the Apps section. The Manage apps page opens.
2. On the Manage apps page, select the LMS365 and LMS365.AccessApp apps in the Apps for SharePoint section and then select Delete in the top menu.
Delete LMS365 apps from the Microsoft Entra ID (Azure Active Directory)
To delete LMS365 from the organization's Microsoft Entra ID (Azure Active Directory), follow these steps:
1. In the Microsoft Entra (Azure Active Directory) admin center, go to the Enterprise applications section and select LMS365 app from the list of apps. A page that shows the application overview opens.
2. On the opened application page, navigate to Properties under the Manage section in the left-side navigation menu. A page that shows the application properties opens.
3. On the application properties page, select Delete from the top menu and confirm the action to remove the app from the organization's Microsoft Entra ID (Azure Active Directory).
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the LMS365 API and LMS365 API Client applications.
Once all the LMS365 apps are removed, LMS365 will be removed from the organization's tenant.