Categories are managed from the Settings section in the Administration back-end:
Only Course Catalog administrators can see such page and create, edit, delete or search the categories.
Categories are displayed for the current course catalog:
In this section you can see a list of already created categories and subcategories (click Expand button next to the Parent category to see a list of subcategories), view list of courses that use categories, edit, and delete them as well as create new ones.
To create a new category:
- Click Add Category button at the top of the page;
- In the left-side menu, enter the name of the category, select its parent category (it will be created as a subcategory) or select ‘Top Level’ if you want to create a parent category:
- Click Save button to create a category.
To edit a category:
- Select the needed one from the list;
- In the left-side menu make the necessary changes to the category. You can rename it or change its level (e.g. make it a subcategory);
- Click Save button to save the changes.
To see courses/training plans that use the category, click View button next to its name. The following form will appear:
You can delete only categories that are not in use and do not have subcategories. Do the following steps:
- Select the category that you want to delete;
- In the left-side menu click Delete Category button:
- Confirm the deletion.
Any changes in categories will automatically be updated in the course catalog.