Adding tags to a course or training plan will help learners easily find relevant courses or training on the course catalog page while using the search field. Unlike categories, tags are invisible for learners. This allows for adding multiple tags to training or, for example, adding tags in different languages, which improve the search experience of learners.
In this article, we will provide you with an overview of how to create, search for, and manage tags.
Tags can be created by course and course catalog admins while creating or editing courses or training plans. This is done from the Basic Details section of the create/edit panel for e-Learning courses, Instructor-Led training, and training plans.
Tags that are created in courses or training plans will be added to both the list of all tags of the current course catalog, and the course or training plan they've been created in. Also, the course catalog admin manages tags from the LMS365 Admin Center > Catalog Settings >Tags.
Where to manage tags
In the LMS365 Admin Center, only course catalog administrators can access the Tags page.
To manage tags, navigate to LMS365 Admin Center > Catalog Settings > Tags.
On the Tags page, you find the following information:
- In the Name column, the list of all tags of the current course catalog is presented. By default, tags are ordered alphabetically. Select Name to arrange tags alphabetically in ascending or descending order.
- In the Courses(s) used in column, each tag shows the total number of courses and training plans that the tag is used in. Select the Courses(s) used in name to arrange tags in ascending or descending order.
- To find the relevant tag, in the Search field, type in all or part of the tag name.
View what training the tag is used in
To see courses or training plans that use this tag, select the eye icon next to the required tag. Tags that are not used in any training have no eye icon.
On the opened Course(s) using this Tag panel, you will see a list of courses and training plans this tag is used in, with the training type shown in the Type column.
Selecting the course/training plan title will redirect you to the course/training plan home page.
Editing a tag
To edit the tag, follow these steps:
1) On the Tags page, select the tag.
2) On the Edit Tag panel, make the necessary changes to the tag name.
3) Save to apply the changes.
The edited tag name will be updated in all courses/training plans it is used and can be tracked in the course/training plan create/edit panel.
Deleting a tag
You can delete tag(s) either on the course catalog level or directly from the course/training plan.
If you delete a tag on the course catalog level, this tag will not be listed in the drop-down menu while creating or editing courses/training plans.
If you delete a tag direclty from the course/training plan, it will impact only this course/training plan.
You can delete a tag from the current course catalog, only if the tag is not used by a course or training plan.
To delete a tag from the course catalog, follow these steps:
1) In the LMS365 Admin Center, go to Catalog Settings > Tags > Select the relevant tag.
2) On the opened Edit Tag panel, select the Delete Tag button.
3) In the confirmation window, select OK to confirm the action. Deletion can't be undone.
To cancel the action, select Cancel.
Any changes in tags will be automatically updated in the course catalog.
For tags that are used in a course or training plan, the Delete Tag option is disabled (greyed out).
To delete these tags from the course catalog, you first need to remove it from the course or training plan it is used in. To remove a tag from a course or training plan, navigate to the Basic Details section of the course or training plan edit panel.