About this guide
In this article we will provide you with an overview of how courses and training plans are rated in LMS365, where you can see the training rating and how it can be managed and exported.
Rating system overview
Star rating system is displayed on the Course and Training Plan Home pages. Learners can set and change their own rating for courses/training plans only after their completion:
Admins can also see the training rating in the Admin Center - Course List:
NOTE: Training Plans are rated separately from courses included into them.
When learners complete the training, they will see the message asking them to rate it:
After you rate the training you can see your rate mark when hovering the stars:
You can rerate the training if needed. The rating will be updated after the page refresh.
Where to manage rating
LMS Admin as well as Course Admin can manage rating courses and training plans rating via Admin Center > Course/Training Plan List > Course/Training Plan Management panel > Manage Rating:
Rating page overview
In this section, administrator can see what rating mark and on what date and time has been set by a specific learner as well as hide this rating and export rating information to Excel:
NOTE: Learners will see the rating they set for the training on the Course Home page even it is hidden by the Admin.
- Average Rating - average of all received (not hidden) marks assigned to the training. Use filters to customize information that will be included in your Rating.
- All Rating Marks - displays all marks assigned to the training by learners. Use this button to quickly filter the leaners according to the mark they assigned to the training or use the Search field to find a specific learner.
- Date Range – select the period to start and end the Rating report. By default the Rating is organized by recent Date & Time. You can sort it by clicking any column.
Hide/show the rating and its affect
To manage displayed status select a learner and click the Hide Rating button on the action panel to hide the specific learner's rating mark:
Or to make the specific learner's rating mark visible and counted again select the learner and click the Show Rating button:
NOTE: If the marks are hidden, they will not be included and counted in the Average Rating but the total number of times the users rate the training and all their rating marks are not lost or recounted even after you hide all of them. We recommend you to leave at least one rating for displaying.
For example, 2 users rate the training (2 and 3 stars respectively) and their rating marks have the Visible status (are not hidden). So the training has been rated 2 times and the Average Rating is 2.50:
If learner's mark is hidden the Average Rating will be recounted BUT the number of number of users that have rated the training and their rating marks will still be in the rating list:
And on the training Home page the total number of users that have rated the training will be shown. For example, 2 users rated the training and all their rating marks are hidden - the training Home page will display Average Rating 0.00, zero stars and 2 ratings (2 users that have rated the training):
So we recommend you to leave at least one rating for displaying.
Exporting rating report
Export to Excel – an Excel report will be downloaded to your computer. It contains the following information:
- Name - shows name of learners.
- Rating – shows the mark assigned by the leaner.
- Date and Time - shows date and time of mark assignment.
- Visible – shows displayed status of the rating (true - visible, false - invisible).