This article provides an overview of how courses and training plans are rated in LMS365, where admins can see the training rating, how ratings can be managed and exported, and how learners can rate courses and training plans.
Overview of the rating system in LMS365
If a catalog admin has enabled course rating in the LMS Configuration section of the catalog, learners can rate courses and training plans in LMS365.
The rating of a training plan is separate to the rating of the courses included in a training plan.
A star rating system is displayed on course and training plan home pages, and in the LMS365 player, upon training completion. Learners can set and change their own rating where they've started (the In Progress status) or completed the course or training plan. This can be done in the following ways:
- In the Information section of the training home page.
- Directly in the Course Status block of the LMS365 player.
After a learner rates a course or training plan, their rating mark will be displayed when they hover over the stars in the Information section on the training home page or in the LMS365 player. The number of yellow stars displayed relates to their rating. Learners can rate the training again, if necessary. The rating is updated when the page is refreshed.
From the admin's perspective, catalog and course admins can:
- Track the rating of each course and training plan via LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management page > the Average rating (the * icon) column.
- Track and manage the rating of courses and training plans via LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Course/Training Plan Management panel > Manage rating.
Where to manage rating
Catalog and course admins can manage course and training plan ratings via LMS365 Admin Center > Training Management > Course/Training Plan Management panel > Manage Rating. The Rating panel opens.
Rating panel overview
On the Rating panel, admins can see the rating marks given by learners, as well as the date and time the training was rated, and export rating information to Excel. They can also hide ratings, to prevent courses and training plans from being displayed when the course catalog is arranged by Highest Ranked Training First.
Use the filter icon next to the Visible column to filter the users by their rating visibility.
The Rating panel displays the following information:
- Average rating. Displays the average of all ratings given to the training. Hidden ratings aren't included in this calculation.
- All rating marks. By default, all ratings given to the training by learners are displayed. Select All rating marks and select a mark to filter the learners according to the rating they assigned to the training, or use the Search field to find a specific learner.
- Date range. Select start and end dates to filter the learners according to when the rating was given.
Hide or show ratings
To hide a specific learner's rating so it's not included in the number of ratings and the calculation for the Average rating, select the learner then select Hide Rating on the Actions panel.
To show a specific learner's rating and include it in the number of ratings and the calculation for the Average rating, select the learner then select Show Rating.
We recommend you leave at least one rating displayed.
On the training home page, learners will see their own rating for the training when they hover over the stars in the Information section. This will happen even if the admin has chosen to hide their rating.
If a learner's rating is hidden, their rating won't be included in the calculation for the Average rating and the Average rating will be recalculated according to visible ratings. When learner ratings are hidden, the total number of users who have rated the training and their rating marks can still be seen on the Rating panel. However on the training home page, the total number of users who have rated the training will be shown (regardless of their rating visibility), as well as the average rating for the training (only learner ratings that are visible are included in this calculation).
Therefore, we recommend you leave at least one rating displayed.
Two users have rated a course but the course admin has hidden their ratings. The training home page doesn't show an average rating for this course and the stars are greyed out. However, 2 ratings is displayed because two users have rated the course.
To export the ratings given by learners, select Export to Excel on the Rating panel. The report is downloaded to your device in Excel format.
The report contains the following information.
- The Name column displays the names of the learners who rated the training.
- The Rating column displays the rating given by each learner.
- The Date and time column displays when the rating was given.
- The Visible column displays whether the rating is displayed on the course or training plan home page. Yes means it's visible, No means it's hidden).