The article describes how to create HAR file for different browsers for issue investigation.
For various issues please create separate HAR files.
To generate HAR file for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- Look for the Vertical ellipsis button () and select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button ( ) in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to the ticket so that our Support team can analyze it.
To generate HAR file for Firefox
- Open Firefox and go to the page where you are experiencing trouble.
- Select the Firefox menu (three horizontal parallel lines) at the top-right of your browser window, then select Web Developer > Network.
- The Developer Network Tools opens as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Firefox. Click the Network tab.
- The recording autostarts when you start performing actions in the browser.
- Once you have reproduced the issue and you see that all of the actions have been generated in the Developer Network Panel (should just take a few seconds), right-click anywhere under the File column, and click on Save all as Har.
- Save the HAR file somewhere convenient.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.
To generate HAR file for Opera
- In Opera, go to the page where the issue is reproduced.
- At the top-left of your browser window, click the Opera menu ( ) icon and select Developer → Developer Tools, or simply press the F12 button. The Developer Tools window opens as a docked panel at the side or bottom of Opera.
- Click the Network tab.
- Enable Preserve log.
- You will see a red circle ( ) on the top-left side of the Network tab. This means the capture has started. If the circle is black ( ), click the black circle to start the recording activity in your browser.
- Now refresh the page and reproduce the issue.
- After successfully performing the web transaction activity, right click on any row of the activity pane and select Save all as HAR with Content or click the Export HAR ( ) icon to download the HAR file.
- Save the HAR file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may investigate it.
To generate HAR file for Safari
Before generating the HAR file, make sure you can see the Develop menu in Safari. If it is not there, follow the instructions under Use the developer tools in the Develop menu in Safari on Mac.
- Open the Develop menu and select Show Web Inspector.
- Click the Network tab and complete the activity that is causing issues.
- Click the Export icon on the far right of the network tab and save the HAR file.
- Send us the file via your support ticket.
To generate HAR file for Edge
- Open the Network tool in F12 developer tools.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Export captured traffic as a HAR (CTRL + S).