LMS365 provides an opportunity to check the creation status of a course or training plan via API - whether the course provisioning is successful or failed. This articles describes the steps and possible results.
To check the creation status of a course or training plan, do the following:
The same API endpoint can be used to check the creation status of courses and training plans.
2. Find the Courses section, expand it, find the GET method /odata/v2/Courses/IncludeNotCreated() with the Returns the list of Courses including courses which have not created yet. description, and select Try it out in the top left-hand corner.
3. For the response to include the creation status use the ProvisioningProgress parameter for the $expand query option. This parameter will make the response include the provisioning status of courses and training plans of the tenant in the response.
You can use various query options parameters to control the data in the response by setting filters. When query options parameters are set, the response will contain additional data and details which you can use for search.
4. Select the Execute button to run the request.
5. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 200) under Code shows that the request worked correctly.
- In the Response body field, you will see the provisioning status of all the courses and training plans of the tenant:
"ProvisioningProgress": null - Indicates the course provisioning succeeded and the course/training plan is successfully created.
For a course/training plan which is under provisioning during the request, the response will include the provisioning progress with creation status as Creating and the provisioning percentage mentioned in the ProgressDetaingJson.
For the failed provisioning the ProvisioningProgress parameter will contain details of the creation fail with the "Status": "CreationFailed" included.
- Search via Ctrl+F for the URL of a specific course/training plan to see its provisioning status. You can use the Download button to save the results of the API request to your computer in .JSON format.