For some reasons you may need to get the ID of a certificate and this article describes the steps of how to get this ID with the help of an LMS365 API endpoint.
So, to get the ID of a certificate in LMS365:
2. Find the Certificates section, expand it, find the GET method /odata/v2/Certificates with the Returns the list of Certificates owned by current user description and then select Try it out in the top left corner.
You can use query options parameters to control the data in the response by setting filters.
Configuring the $expand by setting Course will add to the response the information what course a certificate is awarded for.
Configuring the $filter by setting Title eq 'certificate's name' will limit the response to those courses or training plans only that has this certificate set in the settings.
3. Select Execute to run the request.
4. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 200) under Code shows that the request worked correctly. You can Download the data from the response to your computer in the .JSON format.
- If no query parameters were set to narrow the response, in the Response body field you can see all the certificates of the tenant and their data including the ID. Search via Ctrl+F for a specific certificate to find its ID and copy it use wherever you need.
- If query parameters were set, the response shows only the information relevant limited by the query parameters. However, the ID of the certificate is displayed.