In LMS365, you can upload a new version of a SCORM or AICC content package without losing any information relating to users' attempts. This article describes how to upload a new version of a SCORM content package.
To upload a new version of a content package:
1. Use any of the methods described here to open the configuration panel of the relevant content package:
via Content package storage
In the LMS365 Admin Center, go to Content > Content package storage. The Content package storage page opens, where you'll see all the available content packages in the catalog.
Select the relevant content package. The Actions panel opens.
On the Actions panel, select Edit content package. The content package configuration panel opens.
via Manage Course Content
In the LMS365 Admin Center, go to Training Management and select any course that contains the relevant content package. The Course management panel opens.
On the opened Course management panel, select Manage Course Content to be redirected to the Content section of the course configuration panel.
In the Content section, select the relevant content package. The content package configuration panel opens.
2. Ensure that the content package has the read and edit access permissions configured in the general settings.
3. The value in the Version field indicates the current version of the content package. By default, it's set to 1 when a content package is first uploaded. Each new version increases the version by 1 when changes are saved.
4. Select Upload a new version next to the Version field.
5. Find the new content package .ZIP file. Ensure that the name of the new content package .ZIP file is the same as the previous content package file.
The version value will automatically increase by 1 when the new version is uploaded and saved.
If you select Cancel instead of Save, all the changes will be lost, even if the new version of the content package was uploaded. In this case, the version will revert to the last saved value.
- After uploading a new version of a content package, information about users' previous attempts is retained, but the changes will be applied to all incomplete and new attempts.
- Learners who have started but not yet completed their attempts can finish their current attempt using the older version of the content package. Selecting a new attempt, these users will see the new version of the content package.