For some reasons, you may need to get the ID of a specific user and LMS365 API endpoint can help with it. This article describes what API is to be used in Swagger and what actions are to be performed.
To get the ID of a specific user do the following:
2. Find the Users section, expand it, find the GET method /odata/v2/Users with the Return the list of Users description and then select Try it out in the top left corner.
You can use query options parameters to control the data in the response by setting filters. When query options parameters are set, the response will contain additional data and details which you can use for search.
For example, you can use the email of the user in question to narrow the response. To do this, in the $filter field Email eq 'email address'.
3. Select Execute to run the request.
4. Go to the Responses block to check the results:
- Number 2xx (for example, 200) under Code shows that the request worked correctly.
- In the Response body field you will see the list of users of all the course catalogs of the tenant and their data including the ID.
- Search via Ctrl+F for a specific course's ID and copy it use wherever you need. You can use the Download button to save the results of the API request in the .JSON format to your computer.