Only learners who are enrolled in one course in a course catalog are included in the number of users in a customer's LMS365 subscription. People who solely have, for example, an admin, and not a learner role, won't be counted in the number of users in the subscription.
This means that if a learner is enrolled in at least one course in a course catalog on your tenant, the learner will be included in the number of users. The learner is counted even if the learner is enrolled in an unpublished course. If the course in which the learner is enrolled is deleted, the place will be freed up (if the user isn't enrolled in other training).
Learners won't be counted in the maximum number of available users in the subscription if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The learner is removed entirely from LMS365.
- The learner's Microsoft 365 account is disabled or deleted.
- The learner is deleted/disabled in Azure Active Directory (AAD).
- If a learner is removed from the Users list, this user will be unenrolled from all training in the current course catalog. This means, that if the user is removed from the Users list of all course catalogs on your tenant, the learner can't be enrolled in any training so won't be counted within the subscription.
The management of, and access to the complete subscription information depends on permissions:
Microsoft 365 global administrators and LMS admins can activate a subscription, check its status, and run reports against the subscription usage from:
- Global Settings > Subscription Information.
- LMS365 Admin Center > Catalog Settings > Subscription Information on the course catalog level.
Catalog admins can view the subscription information on the course catalog level in the LMS365 Admin Center > Catalog Settings > Subscription Information.
The subscription can only be active on one tenant. If it's used on another tenant, it'll be deactivated on the original tenant.
If the LMS365 subscription is expired or the maximum number of learners has been reached, you'll be notified and have 14 days to renew or extend your subscription. Users can continue working with LMS365 during this period.
If you need more users within your LMS365 subscription, reach out to your designated Business Manager or the LMS365 Subscription Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article is closed for comments.