The LMS365 license is automatically assigned to a learner who is enrolled in at least one course. This means that as long as a user is enrolled in to a course in a course catalog in your tenant, the user consumes a license.
Licenses are freed up and can be reused by one of the following actions:
- Learners are removed entirely from LMS365.
- Learners’ Microsoft 365 Accounts are disabled or deleted.
- If users are deleted/disabled in Azure Active Directory, these users will not be counted in the current number of users and will not consume a license.
- A license is assigned to a learner even if the learner is enrolled in to a course that is unpublished. If the course, in which the user is enrolled, is deleted, the license will be freed up (if the user is not enrolled in to other training).
- If a learner is removed from the Learner List, this user will be unenrolled from all training in the current course catalog. This means, that if the user is removed from the Learner List of all course catalogs in your tenant, the learner can't be enrolled in any training and will, therefore, not consume a license.
The number of licenses will change immediately after a license has been freed up.
Administrators and users are using the same licenses. There are no special licenses needed for the administrators. The LMS administrator can activate a license, check its status, and run reports against the license usage via the LMS365 Admin Center > Settings > License Information.
The license can only be active on one tenant. If it is used on another tenant, it will be deactivated on the original tenant.
NOTE: If the LMS365 license is expired or the maximum number of users has been reached, you will be notified and have 14 days to renew or extend your license. Users can continue working with LMS365 during this period.
If you need more licensed users within your LMS365 subscription, please reach out to your designated Business Manager or the LMS365 License Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.