While course creation, the course inherits the current locale settings of the course catalog. The locale settings of the course catalog influence the language, the date and time format in the course notifications. However, the user's browser settings influence the web part display of the date and time format.
In this article
- The course catalog date and time
- The course notifications date and time
- The date and time web part display
Course catalog date and time settings
The default course catalog language settings are set during course catalog creation. The course catalog language settings influence the regional site settings (locale, time format, time zone).
Note: The date and time format display of the course catalog web part depends on the user's browser settings.
To view and manage the course catalog locale and time format settings, follow the steps:
1) Open the course catalog site.
2) Click the Settings icon.
3) In the drop-down menu, select Site contents.
4) On the opened page, click Site Settings.
5) In the Site Administration section, click Regional Settings.
6) In the Locale drop-down menu, select the required locale.
7) In the Time format menu, select the required format. Some locales support only one type of the time format.
8) Click Ok to save the changes. Click Cancel to cancel the action and close the window.
It takes some time before the changes are applied to the course catalog.
The course notifications date and time
If you require a specific date or time format in the course, first you should change the course catalog locale settings and then create a course in the updated course catalog.
The date and time format web part display
The date and time display of the course catalog web part, trainings web part depends on the user's browser settings.