You can migrate all your course catalog(s), courses, and Dashboard(s) from the Classic to the Modern Look & Feel.
After March 31, 2020, LMS365 Cloud will no longer be supported on SharePoint Classic sites. For more information please follow the end-of-life of LMS365 Cloud Support on SharePoint Classic pages.
The complete migration process will be done automatically. The required apps will be installed to the Course Catalog Site collection and all the classic Add-ins will be removed.
In addition, we will also create brand new modern pages for the course catalog and dashboard pages with the new SPFX web parts installed.
To migrate your course catalog to a Modern View, follow the steps:
1) Make sure that you are the Global or SharePoint administrator.
2) Go to the LMS365 Global Settings > Course Catalog Management > Select the required course catalog with Classic Add-ins.
3) On the opened Course Catalog Administration panel, select Migrate Course Catalog.
4) In the Confirmation window, select Migrate to proceed with migration. Select Cancel to cancel the action.
In case of not enough permissions you will see an alert message.
Once these steps are done, you will need to wait for the migration to run through all the course sites and training plans. The migration time depends on the number of trainings.
Upon successful migration, a message about the successfully completed migration process will be displayed in the Notification Center.
To update the links manually, follow the steps:
1) Navigate to the LMS365 Site Collection (and any other places where you might link from) and replace the links to the Course Catalog and Dashboard pages.
The pages are most likely called:
and can always be found in the Site Pages of your Site collection.
2) Select the Edit link.
3) Select the relevant link, for example, My Training Dashboard.
4) From the horizontal ellipses menu, select Edit.
5) Replace the old address with the new one. For Course Catalog – CourseCalalog.aspx, for Training Dashboard – Dashboard.aspx.
For catalogs with Modern View we highly recommend to add only one LMS365 web part on a page as adding several web parts on the same page can result in malfunction and an authentication error.
7) Save the changes.
Once completed, you will find all the courses and training plans with a modern Look & Feel of LMS365.
If you want to turn off the left-side menu, please follow the Microsoft instruction how to customize the navigation on your SharePoint site.