How to get the most out of LMS365 via Microsoft Teams
In this guide, you will find out how to:
Getting started is fast and easy. To install the LMS365 in Microsoft Teams, you need to have a working LMS365 installation first.
1. Search for the LMS365 in the Microsoft Teams Store:
2. Select whether to add the LMS365 for the chat or to any team.
3. Click Add and you are done.
To draw your colleagues’ attention, you can share the training directly in your conversation:
1. Go to the Team you want to share the training in.
2. Click the LMS365 icon on the toolbar:
3. Start typing the title in the search field and select the desired training:
Once you are done, your colleagues can view or start the training:
To find the training:
1. Type @LMS365 in the command box at the top:
2. Start typing the title of the training and then click it or press Enter.
You can now view and start this training.
As a Teams Administrator or Global Administrator, you can customize the view of your Teams and set polices to pin the LMS365 App to the taskbar.
Once all steps are done, the users will see the icon of LMS365 in Microsoft Teams. The chat, dashboard and training tabs are available as well:
Chat: shows the conversation with the bot.
Dashboard: shows your personalized training dashboard.
Training: shows the training you have opened from the chat or dashboard tab.
Now LMS365 app is available for the users and they can easily continue working with it.
To view LMS365 Dashboard, Course Catalog and Training, pin these tabs at the top of your channel:
1. Choose the Team you want to add the Tab in.
2. On the tab links header click > the LMS365 App.
3. Specify the name for the tab or use the default one.
4. Choose the view. You and your colleagues will be able to see the selected view as a new tab at the top of the channel:
Specific Training. Start typing the title or paste the valid site URL for the training in the “Training Title or URL” field and click the desired training.
Course Catalog. Start typing the title or paste the valid site URL for the Course Catalog to the “Course Catalog Title or URL” field and click the desired Course Catalog.
5. Click Save.
1. Select the tab with the training in your Team.
2. Click Show tab conversation on the right:
Now you can start the conversation:
It is easy - just go to the conversation with the bot and select the shortcut. Or just type “Hello”:
In the table below, you can see the list of possible bot’s commands that you can type to the chat:
The welcome card will appear.
The help card with available commands will appear.
Show My Training
The card with all your trainings from course catalogs will appear. You can view and filter the trainings here.
The card where you can find trainings in the course catalogs will appear.
Show e-Learning Courses
The carousel with e-Learning courses from the current course catalog will appear.
Show Webinar Courses
The carousel with webinars from the current course catalog will appear.
Show Classroom Courses
The carousel with classroom courses from the current course catalog will appear.
Show Training Plans
The carousel with training plans will appear.
Show Training Categories
The card with the list of used categories will appear.
Using the bot, you can start conversation inside the Team as well. Type @LMS365 and then enter the desired training:
The members of this team will be able to view this training.
1. Go to the conversation with the bot.
2. Select the needed command to show the training, e.g. “Show e-Learning Courses”. Then for your convenience select the desired categories, e.g. “IT Training”.
3. After the carousel appears, select the needed training.
4. Click "View Course" button.
5. Course will be opened inside "Training" Tab (if you are not automatically signed in, you should do it first):
1. Go to the conversation with the bot.
2. Select “Find Training” command.
3. Choose the needed course catalog from the drop-down menu:
4. After that, you can view or filter the trainings of the selected catalog:
Once you start the Course, you might see the following message We need you to sign in to ensure full functionality of LMS365:
Please click the Sign in button to have full access to the Course Content.
1. Open Dashboard Tab:
2. Login by the same account you logged in Microsoft Teams (if you have not logged in before).
3. Great! You can now use Dashboard inside Microsoft Teams:
The Leaderboard section is off on the Dashboard in Microsoft Teams by default. LMS365 Administrators can enable it via the Settings:
Q: I would like to add LMS365 to Microsoft Teams, but I do not find the LMS365 bot in the store.
A: To make LMS365 visible in the Team’s Store, the “External access” options should be enabled in the Microsoft Teams admin center (go to Microsoft 365 admin center – Admin center – Teams – Org-wide settings – External access. For more information see .
Q: I’m seeing ‘An administrator has set a policy that prevents you from granting LMS365 API the permissions it is requesting. Contact an administrator who can grant permissions to this application on your behalf’ message when adding the LMS365 bot.
A: That means that ‘Users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf’ option was disabled in the Microsoft Azure. To enable consent, please log in to the Microsoft Azure Portal, and then go to Azure Active Directory – Enterprise Applications – User Settings – set option to ‘Yes’ and save the changes:
Q: LMS365 is not responding.
A: A small number of Teams are seeing LMS365 not responding. For most of you, the likely case has been the following: your Office 365 Administrator has disabled bots for Microsoft Teams. Please contact your Office 365 Administrator to get the issue resolved.
We are continuously working on full feature parity between SharePoint and Microsoft Teams interfaces both for Learners and Administrators. Currently there are the following areas where features differ between SharePoint and Microsoft Teams:
•The link to the LMS365 Admin center in the Course Catalog tab is not available.
•The Course management option does not appear when the Administrator is on the Course home page view.
•The ability to add, edit, and manage assignments as well as go to the Gradebook from the My Assignment section on Course Home page is missing for Course Administrators.
•The actions in the Assignments section on Course Home Page is not available.
•Themes are not applied.
•Navigation between Course Catalog or Dashboard and Course Home Page is missing.
•Authorization Confirmation, Content Packages and External Apps that are opened in the separate window work inaccurately.
•The link to the Course Administrator or contact person does not work on the Training Home page.