In order to get learning data from cloud LMS365, you will need Power BI client for preferred platform and the API secret key for your tenant.
To get the API key for your tenant domain e.g. elearningforce.sharepoint.com, the Office 365 Global Administrator should navigate to LMS365 Admin Center – Global Settings – Settings – LMS Configuration – API key management and copy the API key.
Steps below describe interaction with desktop client.
1. Using the Power BI desktop client, create a new report.
2. Select Get Data > OData Feed.
We recommend using specific LMS365 API end point for your region to eliminate any possible issues with proxy. Here is the full list:
|Region||API End Point|
|United Kingdom South||https://uk-api.365.systems/odata/v2|
|Germany West Central||https://de-api.365.systems/odata/v2|
|U.S. Government GCC||https://va-api.usgcc365.systems/odata/v2|
4. Access an OData feed modal window will open and display "The user was not authorized" warning. In Basic tab, paste
- The API key or enter the word api into the Username field.
- The API key into the Password field:
6. Select the tables that you want to use for your visualizations.
7. Go on building visualizations as needed.
TIP: You may be interested in this tutorial.
TIP2: For more technical details about OData service provided, please check the document attached.