The display language of the Course Catalog, Dashboard and Course web parts is the same as the language of the SharePoint site.
- each SharePoint Site has its default language (the one it was created in) besides which you can choose alternative language(s) (Site Settings – Language settings);
- each user browsing sites can have the preferred profile language;
- each browser can have the preferred language.
Therefore, the language may depend on the alternative languages of SharePoint as well as on the settings of your browser.
Once alternate language(s) for a site is chosen, one of the following rules to determine the language in which to display content to the user (see reference) is used:
- The language preferences stored in the user profile is used. (It takes some time before user language preferences are applied after you change them).
- If no language preference is defined in the user profile, the preferable language of your browser is used. If the preferable language of your browser is specified as the alternative language in SharePoint, you will see the LMS365 Admin Center in this language. (You should reopen browser session if you change browser language preference).
- If no language preference is defined in the user's profile and web browser, the default site language is used.
The language for the notification is normally managed under Regional Settings of SharePoint site the notification belongs to. To view it, navigate to Site Settings – Regional Settings – Region – Locale.
Please note that it takes some time before the language preferences are applied after you have changed them.