A set of permissions is granted during the installation of the LMS365 mobile app. This article describes these permissions and their purpose for Android devices.
For Android devices, the following permission configurations can be set:
- Device & App history. The Read sensitive log data permission is optional and isn't currently used.
- Photos/Media/Files/Storage. To save downloaded certificates, the following permissions are required: Read the contents of your USB storage and Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Camera. Here, the Take pictures and videos permission is used for scanning QR codes.
- Wi-Fi connection information. The View Wi-Fi connections permission is needed to check users' internet connection. No detailed information about the internet connection itself, for example network name, is collected.
- Other. Here, the following permissions are required:
- Bind to a notification listener service to receive LMS365 push notifications.
- Receive data from the internet + Full network access is required for internet connection processes, such as to log in, access learning content, etc.
- View network connections to check users' internet connection.
- Read battery statistics + Prevent device from sleeping is optional and isn't currently used.