The Import Tool enables bulk upload of SCORM/AICC content packages to the LMS365 Content Package Storage on a specific tenant from where content can be used in current and future courses.
This article provides an overview how to bulk upload SCORM/AICC to LMS365 via the Import Tool.
The intent of this guide is to provide explanation and guidance of what is required and recommended for a successful bulk import of content packages into LMS365.
The actual data processing must be performed, operated, and managed by an LMS365 consultant or a certified LMS365 partner.
For SCORM/AICC bulk upload to LMS365, it's necessary to prepare files and folders in a certain manner. To find out how to avoid manual input while preparing files for bulk import, visit this article.
To prepare SCORM/AICC bulk upload to LMS365, follow the steps:
1. Prepare the configuration Elearningforce.LMS365.Import.Program.exe.config file.
As SCORM/AICC are tenant-based in LMS365, you shouldn't specify URL in the configuration file.
Pay attention to proper completion of the following values:
scormsDataFilePath. Enter a path to the excel file with a list of uploaded SCORM/AICC content packages and their options.
errorLogPath. Enter the default ErrorLogs value.
apiKey. The required value. It initializes tenant where SCORM/AICC content packages are uploaded. Microsoft 365 global admin, SharePoint admin, or LMS admin can get the API key from the from the LMS365 Admin Center > Global Settings > API Key Management.
containerSAS. The required value. Enter the temporary storage for upload of content packages. For this, request the address from the LMS365 Support team.
apiBaseAdress. The required value. Enter the API URL. To find the region-based URL, navigate to http://api.365.systems/docs.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<add key="remUrl" value="" />
<add key="lmsCourseUrl" value="" />
<add key="userMappingFilePath" value="" />
<add key="dateTimeFormat" value="" />
<add key="coursesDataFilePath" value="" />
<add key="scormsDataFilePath" value="DataFiles/Scorms.xlsx" />
<add key="certificateTemplatesDataFilePath" value="" />
<add key="certificatesDataFilePath" value="" />
<add key="errorLogPath" value="ErrorLogs" />
<add key="generatedDataFilesPath" value="" />
<add key="apiKey" value="Required value" />
<add key="timeout" value="30" />
<add key="apiBaseAdress" value="Required value" />
<add key="courseCatalogUrl" value=" " />
<add key="containerSAS" value="Required value" />
2. Complete the Scorms.xslx file in DataFiles directory.
Below, find the example of the Scorms.xslx file with the required columns.
|Title||Description||Content Type||ZIP Path|
|BulkAICC sends status||AICC description bulk||Aicc||DataFiles/Scorms/aicc(sends status).zip|
Follow a detailed description of how to complete the columns:
- Title, Description, Content Type, and Zip Path are required columns and can't be empty. In Content type, enter either AICC or SCORM (insensitive to register). In ZIP Path, enter the path to SCORM/AICC packages in folder to be imported to LMS365.
- Other columns are optional and can be absent or empty. When SCORM/AICC is imported with an empty or absent optional column meaning that the specified in the column/absent function is off or empty for the imported SCORM/AICC in LMS365.
- Columns that contain integer values: Max number of attempts (SCORM/AICC) and Timeout between attempts (SCORM/AICC)
Columns that contain Boolean values. They can be filled with yes/no, 1/0, TRUE/FALSE values:
- Open in new window (SCORM/AICC)
- Allow resuming incomplete attempt (SCORM)
- Use control mode flow for all nodes (SCORM)
- Show statistics for learner (SCORM)
- Show navigation buttons (SCORM)
- Show Next button (SCORM)
- Show Back button (SCORM)
- Show Suspend button (SCORM)
- Show Exit button (SCORM)
- Show table of content (SCORM)
- Show node completion status (SCORM)
- Finish by lesson status (SCORM)
- Redirect to statistics page when completed (SCORM)
- Go to next SCO automatically (SCORM)
- Treat complete as passed (SCORM)
- Show Submit button (AICC)
- Show title bar (SCORM/AICC)
- Automatically close the player (AICC)
3. Prepare the SCORM folder in the DataFiles directory.
For this, add SCORM/AICC packages to the SCORM folder. Describe these packages in Scorms. xlsx file as in step 2.
4. Run SCORM bulk upload.
To run SCORM bulk upload, use Elearningforce.LMS365.Import.Program.exe and enter 3 and then y.
If you tried to upload four packages, where only three of them have been successfully uploaded, the import directory won't be deleted. In this case, in the .xlsx file, modify only the outstanding package and run .exe again. As a result, only the outstanding package will be uploaded, the previously uploaded files won't be uploaded again.